4.1 thread

I posted this little mini-review on FB, but thought I should share it here as well.

I like it a lot! Had to have the weekend to beat it up a bit. It's got a very different feel than both the 4.7 and old 4.1. The 4.7 handle is a bit too contoured for my taste, but the 4.1 significantly less so. At first I still thought it was too much (since I'm used to the 4.1/3.5) but after using it a bit it feels pretty comfortable. The micro texture is fantastic! And the balance compared to the old 4.1 feels much better, where the old is feather light and almost blade heavy in comparison to the "perfect" balance of the new spec (but it's subjective I know...) It does feel larger than the old, but not too large.​

Does your old specification 4.1 have a skeletonized tang?
I do know that all of the new specification handles are scaled up compared to the old ones.

Does your old specification 4.1 have a skeletonized tang?
I do know that all of the new specification handles are scaled up compared to the old ones.

Yes, it's skeletonized so I think that's what makes the balance feel different in combination with a slightly shorter handle. But I didn't really measure it scientifically. :)

I posted this little mini-review on FB, but thought I should share it here as well.

I like it a lot! Had to have the weekend to beat it up a bit. It's got a very different feel than both the 4.7 and old 4.1. The 4.7 handle is a bit too contoured for my taste, but the 4.1 significantly less so. At first I still thought it was too much (since I'm used to the 4.1/3.5) but after using it a bit it feels pretty comfortable. The micro texture is fantastic! And the balance compared to the old 4.1 feels much better, where the old is feather light and almost blade heavy in comparison to the "perfect" balance of the new spec (but it's subjective I know...) It does feel larger than the old, but not too large.​
It's great to hear your thoughts on your new knife. I'm excited to compare the new 4.1 to my old one as well as compare it to my 4.7.

I posted this same pic in the LE4 thread. Look at those handles! I didn't expect the difference to be so big.

a3VCNXp.jpg

Those GSO 4 Limited are old blanks that predate Guy's redesign to include the larger handles.
As I recall most of the knives got about half an inch more handle compared to their previous versions.

I posted this same pic in the LE4 thread. Look at those handles! I didn't expect the difference to be so big.

a3VCNXp.jpg
Why the hell did you post this ??? Especially on the 4.1 thread ughh, I have been purposely avoiding looking at anything that has to do w the 4ltd. Thanks silver :)

Why the hell did you post this ??? Especially on the 4.1 thread ughh, I have been purposely avoiding looking at anything that has to do w the 4ltd. Thanks silver :)
Whoops, sorry for that cross contamination of threads! :rolleyes:

Those GSO 4 Limited are old blanks that predate Guy's redesign to include the larger handles.
As I recall most of the knives got about half an inch more handle compared to their previous versions.
Right on. I was surprised by how girthy the new spec 4.1 handle is compared to th LE. Both are lookin' good!

Thank you! I'm glad yours has shipped. I picked this one up after-market.

What scales did you request?

Thank you! I'm glad yours has shipped. I picked this one up after-market.

What scales did you request?
Green Canvas with Spring Flat Dark Earth Sheath.Kinda wanted ghost jade but mine was a Factory 2nd so I didn't want to mess with the Order because I figured it would take more waiting time & I definitely didn't want that.I hope SURVIVE! sells the 2nd Gen 4.1 handle scales in all the colors so I can pick up another color if I decide I want to change up the color scheme.

Back