A near miss and a wake up call!

A few days ago I moved into a larger place, still here in Bozeman. My brother is moving in with me to get a foot in the door here in Montana. Well, I hired a mover to do the big stuff and my brother was supposed to stop by the old place to help me clean. He ended up telling me he was really tired and felt crappy and was gonna take a nap first. He showed up around 6:00 pm and said he thinks he better head to the ER as he was getting chest pain and nausea. They ran a few tests and admitted him, and at noon the next day they airlifted by Life Flight to hospital in Billings! :oops: They found his "widowmaker" artery leading into the heart was 100% blocked and the other was 98% blocked. So this morning they did a double bypass. I drove up there and just go back now. He feels pretty rough but he's alive!šŸ™

I already messaged my doctor to get a complete physical set up. Been meaning to do it for a while now but it's never a "convenient time" for me. Well, there's no convenient time to kick the bucket, either!

My dad died of a massive heart attack on the golf course 38 years ago next month. I will be the age he died in 2 years and it freaks me out. I'm glad your brother is doing well and they caught it and I hope you are well also. Stay safe out there everyone!

My brother called from the hospital- they're releasing him tomorrow! I was surprised as I expected it to be a week. At any rate I'm driving over to Billings tomorrow to get him and bring him home. šŸ˜Ž

Thatā€™s good news, hope he has a speedy recovery.
My brother called from the hospital- they're releasing him tomorrow! I was surprised as I expected it to be a week. At any rate I'm driving over to Billings tomorrow to get him and bring him home. šŸ˜Ž

Thanks! Same to you, John. I hope there's only good news for you both from here on out.

Well, his release was pushed back a day which worked out well- turns out that Bozeman Pass between home and Billings was closed due to snows. Cars were stuck in the pass for 12 hours! Postponing the release saved me a real mess! One Thursday he got out and the weather was nice, picked him up with no issues. He's weak as a newborn kitten and has a long recovery ahead of him but he's home.:thumbsup:

Sorry I missed this originally. It's good to hear that he didn't ignore the warning signs and that he will be on the road to recovery.

You mentioned that he was weak...I experienced the same thing after my bypass. It's amazing what that type of event can do to you physically.

Back