A Slipjoint

I have been meaning to make a slip-joint for a long time. I learned a lot and I look forward to making more and learning more!

Last edited:
Nice Allen.Looks nice & slim for the pocket.
I like the brass stud too.
What're the specs?

Mykel, it is a lot slimmer than I am used to as I usually carry larger folders or a fixed blade. I thought I lost it last night, but it was still in my pocket. The knife is a single bladed trapper pattern. The blade and spring are 1095 and the handles are green canvas micarta.

Is this your first slip joint? It looks good...I like your choice of patterns as I have a about a dozen slimline trappers. I like the the choice of materials too. It's going to look even better after a patina starts to form. I'm not a fan of the brass opening stud....a knife this nice deserves a nail nick. :)

Do you plan on making more slip joints or was this a "see if I can" project?

Is this your first slip joint? It looks good...I like your choice of patterns as I have a about a dozen slimline trappers. I like the the choice of materials too. It's going to look even better after a patina starts to form. I'm not a fan of the brass opening stud....a knife this nice deserves a nail nick. :)

Do you plan on making more slip joints or was this a "see if I can" project?

This is my first slipjoint. And I do plan on making more, but it will likely be a while till I am selling any. As for the opening stud... I have never had a knife with a little peened stud so I figured I would give it a try. The next one will likely have a nail nick.

This is my first slipjoint. And I do plan on making more, but it will likely be a while till I am selling any. As for the opening stud... I have never had a knife with a little peened stud so I figured I would give it a try. The next one will likely have a nail nick.

First slip joint...impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Back