Aces and Eights

I'm gonna work on getting some good pictures and maybe a video.

Very nice, John. Do you intend to get this one professionally photographed?

Very nice, John. Do you intend to get this one professionally photographed?
I considered sending it off or trying out the digital services that are out there now but I don't think I will.

Thanks Phil, I appreciate the kind words. I tried to outdo myself on this one and I think it worked out pretty well.

It's hard to tell from pictures, I'll try to do more videos like that in the future.

Glad it made it John, I had to run around in the big city today and was trying to keep an eye on tracking. My kids are on the payroll at 50 cents per box that they pack. I hope the knife met your expectations!
Great looking knife and sheath John, glad to see it found a good home. That wrought iron just gave me an idea, I'm in the process of building a Bowie right now.

Great looking knife and sheath John, glad to see it found a good home. That wrought iron just gave me an idea, I'm in the process of building a Bowie right now.
Thanks Scott. I have a wagon wheel of wrought iron, more than happy to cut off and flatten a piece if you need some.

A photo of our group at the murder-mystery weekend where my wife and I met back in '94. Took place at the historic St. James Hotel in Cimarron, NM. Many famous western types stayed here back in the day. I got to stay in the Annie Oakley room, #9, one of the only rooms with an attached bathroom (still have the leather key fob somewhere... :oops:). :cool:

View attachment 1322155

I'm in the black suit with fancy vest, my wife is in the light purple dress with white boots. :)

ETA - Found the key fob in the back of my nightstand drawer...

View attachment 1322181
Nobody is cooler and more authentically dressed than polo shirt &gardener hat guy though. He's the L.L. Bean Kid, fastest shot east of the Hamptons. ;)

This isn't a sweet Faro Bowie but I've had this Sowbelly in my pocket ever since I got it. It fits the whole "Aces and Eights" theme with the 88 etch on the blade and the Spade shield.

Edv0bej.jpg

Back