• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AEB-L Warncliffe w/ Turkish Walnut Root Burl

Judcargile

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Blade Length = 4 3/16"
Handle Length = 5 1/2"
Width = 1 1/4"
Blade Thickness =0.1765
Handle Thickness = 7/8"

My scales do not have enough resolution to weigh a blade; However, it is light for size; full flat grinds and lots of lightening holes in the handle.
20240510_101538.jpg

This is from my 3rd batch, and they register 63 HRC on my tester.
Stabilized Turkish Walnut with African Black Wood hybrid scales are 3/8". Finish is CA glue. Mosaic pins are Star of David and Cross of Christ. Lanyard tube is brass.
Warncliffe profile with hidden belly and dynamic jimping for pinch grip.
Simple kydex sheath is standard. Leather can be included by a maker local to me prior to shipment, but, his fee is not in the list price.
I am an apprentice with ABS and I will stand behind my blades insofar as the heat treat, blade material are as good as anything similarly available. Being an apprentice, the fit and finish is good, but, I do not have the experience and control of tooling that a journeyman or master blade smith has; I hesitate to swear that there are zero flaws.
The sale price includes shipping and insurance throughout CONUS. I will only entertain buyers with a favorable history in this forum. I also would like a correspondence prior to any deal, I want you happy more than your dollars, these are hard times.
The price is $400.
20240510_090525.jpg
The material cost and labor intensive finish make these "Safari" grade models significantly more expensive than my standard belt models that are 225 w/ABEL 275 w/Magnacut. I specialize in sporting blades and only do stainless. Heat treatment is done with a computer controlled ribbon burner forge with LN2 and tested with a calibrated tester; All in house, the finger can only point to me. Never attempt any repairs; I warranty my work for my lifetime. If I make a mistake, I pay for it. If you made the mistake, the rates are reasonable.
20240510_160414.jpg

I like your designs - the handles look especially stylish and comfortable! GLWS and with your ABS training.

Back