After Sale Lounge

Recent scammers hitting the exchange and discussions about using “two-factor verification” made me laugh a little bit thinking about us CoCK’s. I enabled it a while back and wasn’t aware how it worked at first or know that it will just randomly hit you with the “2nd factor” to verify and sign you in (I chose a text to my phone). You can be browsing the forum for hours and it will just pop up on the next refresh or page change, anyone else have it happen to them on a Friday at 3:00pm? I’ve been nailed to the wall twice this way lol.

Having it enabled is better than having my account taken over though!

You can be browsing the forum for hours and it will just pop up on the next refresh

Oh man, don't get me started. We're a fully zero-trust network at work, and subtle things tend to make the trust engine suspicious, causing everything I do to trigger a 2FA challenge for a while. My job is technical infra and security, so I'm frequently doing things that upset it.

So a noticeable portion of my work day is spent mashing a button on my cell phone. I checked the logs at one point, it is normal for me to trip a challenge around 80-100 times a day. It isn't anywhere nearly as bad for folks with more normal roles, I just spend a lot of time dealing with problems in our production environment.

The public internet is a multilateral war zone, and security-wise everyone's stuck in an arms race, running to stand still. And it is getting worse, we're nowhere near the bottom yet. Be careful out there.

I called and had Spark add some more suggestions from the list I had provided him yesterday. The rest is on the community to take ownership of their actions. We've been fielding message after message from members who knowingly played with fire...and finally got burned.

oneEPU.gif

Back