Aftermarket Endura clips

I did a strip job on the clip and it looks a lot better now. It's not as nice as a factory polished one so I may still get a Lynch clip if I can score a blued one. I think the blued one will look sexy on my teal K390 Endura. You can see the comparison with the polished Canis clip, which has the Spydie logo in black. Nice.

What'd you use to strip it? If sandpaper what grit? I've got a k390 delica that I think needs the clip done like that now. That looks nicer than the black I think

What'd you use to strip it? If sandpaper what grit? I've got a k390 delica that I think needs the clip done like that now. That looks nicer than the black I think
I have this rubber impregnated with abrasive material. Bought it a long time ago at a knife shop to clean the residue off my ceramic sharpening sticks. That did a good job. I was going to use 1000 grit sandpaper but couldn't find any in the house. I would think that would work. Guy in a YT vid used steel wool and then polished it.

I don't understand why Spyderco likes to put this black coating on their clips when it just flakes off. Even a simple bead blast or satin finish would suffice for me. An older Kershaw Blur I have has a beautiful shiny bluing on its clip, but they don't do this to the blur any more. And there was a nice and durable parkerized finish I had on a ZT0200 clip, both far superior to the black coatings Spyderco and Benchmade uses.

I should have noticed this thread earlier. I remove the finish on pretty much all of my coated clips. Afterwards you can flame "anodize" them if you like, and the Salts are actually Ti so you can give them a proper ano

em2UlSy.jpg

Qeti1pr.jpg

3U4nKDr.jpg

I sanded the outside of the clip on my delica. I think it looks much nicer now. The somewhat brushed looking finish matches the k390 blade nicely. I used around300 grit sandpaper

I didn't realize how much the black clip didn't look right with the k390 blue. I feel like a got a new knife. Or what it'd be like if I sent my remington 700 off and it came back home with a stainless barrel and aluminum scope. Different feel to it for sure, I think it looks great

Back