Any chance of a new fixed blade in the CRK line?

In particular some sort of 'flat' one piece neck knife. A fixed Sebenza perhaps with some anodized titanium scales? To top it off with a kydex sheath would be great. I know this topic has been raised before on KF, but I am also curious if there are some new (other) designs in the works. I know that the folks at CRK must be quite busy filling regular orders, but still I am curious.

http://www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com/rcc/cookhunt.htm

Check that out Mr Blonde.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

Aw geez JQ, why did ya have to go and post that link for?
smile.gif
I cant afford all the knives I want in the first place. But now I am gonna have to really try and work that one in somehow. That is cool.

I'd personaly kill for a flat, one piece, sebenza blade shaped, made of A2, kalguard coated to match the other one piece line, with kydex neck sheath. If CRK made them they'd sell like hot cakes, wouldn't cost too much either I bet. In fact I'd relocate to ID to help make them. I've never made a knife before but I'm sure Chris could teach me.
smile.gif

JoHnYKwSt: I saw that picture, I think, the link didn't work when I tried it. But I tend to like such a model more 'plain' like the regular CRK knives. It sure looks very nice! But I don't think I would be inclined to really use it, like my 'plain' sebenza.

But a smatchet by CRK would be a very nice surprise, perhaps a new Al Mar CRK collaboration? Probably wouldn't happen anytime soon, all CRK knives seem to be designed as pure utility tools, and a smatchet could be conflicting with what appears to be a 'tool' philosophy. Then again, I would not mind being wrong one that one.

A Smatchet would be cool, but it would take a HUGE chunk of A2 to be turned down to have a Smatchet's wide blade. I'm sure CRK could do it but it wouldn't be cheap.

A Project 1's gaurd is two inches wide. Since a Smatchet is narower at the base than the middle, you could make a Smatchet-style blade from the same stock as the Project 1 and 2, I know as I've taken the liberty of drawing up the spec's.
smile.gif
I'd reckon for a similar price as well.

I suppose "lanceolate" would be a more appropriate term than "Smatchet". Still a most righteous blade shape.

And quite useful for utility as well as being a weapon. Plenty of belly for slicing, a fine tip for drilling or piercing, and a great chopper to boot.

I'm really suprised CRK doesn't already make one.

I agree 100% with the neck knife idea. Kalguard, Sebenza shape, nice kydex sheath-they'd sell quick.

Just a comment about the link that was made to the Scott Cook knife. Please note that Scott is our workshop foreman and is also a fine knife maker in his own right. He did not call the knife shown on that link a Sebenza and it may not be named that way. Chris Reeve Knives owns the copyright on the name Sebenza and it may only be used with reference to our particular folding knives.
Les Robertson has been advised that the naming of Scott's knife is incorrect and must be changed.

Anne

anything about 6 1/2 inches long. Project is too big, Moutaneer is too small....help!

Oh yeah, if CRK would ever make a 'sebenza' type neck knife, then pleease make it with a good guard or deep finger cutout! I see so many neck knife designs which appear to haven't thought about protecting your fingers, the bud nealy line comes to mind for example. I know all CRK knives have great finger protection, which I see in my Shadow IV and Sebenza, but so many other neck knives seem to lack this. In the mean while, keeping fingers crossed for this idea to become reality
wink.gif

I thought I'd add to my post about a one piece sebenza by saying this hypathetical knife should have grooves cut into the handle instead of holes drilled. I just think it would look better, plus it would resemble the LDC Sebenzas.

Back