Any takers?

I should be getting a UF2 in about a week(+) or so and I've been thinking about a leather sheath.

Will a finished (waxed) but un-dyed sample look similar (color-wise) to those boot dagger sheaths that you show in your "Available For Sale" thread towards the top of your forum?

Also... Is that brownish leather sheath that you made for the antler handled knife shown in the same thread dyed? Or is that the color of the leather that you started with?
thank you for getting yourself some background info, it makes answering the question easy; Yes! Both sheaths you're talking about are waxed finish/no dye sheaths. I love that honey leather look, personally. It's also pretty easy to maintain.

I cut some leather tonight and have a few sheaths to wrap up, and then I'm going to make another UF2 sheath with the simple finish, which I'll post up, and a DEK1 at the same time for a guy. Shouldn't take long to get these other sheaths squared away within the next few days

I'll probably start stitching up another UF2 sheath tonight depending on how far I can get with all the stuff that comes before that...

Just noticed this thread, these are some incredible sheaths! Never seen leather with a retention pop like that. Very tempting, are there any spots left?

Also that camo dye pattern you did, im assuming that could be done with any color combo? It looks super cool

If you ever get enough commiment to make some EDC2 sheaths count me in for at least one.

I really like the look and functionality of your sheaths.

Just noticed this thread, these are some incredible sheaths! Never seen leather with a retention pop like that. Very tempting, are there any spots left?

Also that camo dye pattern you did, im assuming that could be done with any color combo? It looks super cool
thanks very much!
there are spots left for sure, just post an 'I'm in' in this thread here; https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sheath-preorder-for-cpk-uf2.1894330/

wrt to dyeing, the only dyes I have are brown, green and black. If I got more colours then I for sure could do something similar in different colour
If you ever get enough commiment to make some EDC2 sheaths count me in for at least one.

I really like the look and functionality of your sheaths.
if I can get my hands on an EDC2 I'll make a batch of sheaths without a preorder. They'd be fairly simple in design, much less involved than the UF2

if I can get my hands on an EDC2 I'll make a batch of sheaths without a preorder. They'd be fairly simple in design, much less involved than the UF2

If you need an EDC2 to pattern some sheaths I can send you one to use. Just let me know.

If you need an EDC2 to pattern some sheaths I can send you one to use. Just let me know.
well, that would be cool...:thumbsup:
once I build the template, I can use my og EDC for the wet moulding and finishing. The difference in the blade profile is what determines the shape of the welt, and although I think a sheath made around the EDC2 would accommodate the EDC I don't think it would work the other way around

but hell yeah, if you want to send me one to use, you'll end up with a sheath:thumbsup:

well, that would be cool...:thumbsup:
once I build the template, I can use my og EDC for the wet moulding and finishing. The difference in the blade profile is what determines the shape of the welt, and although I think a sheath made around the EDC2 would accommodate the EDC I don't think it would work the other way around

but hell yeah, if you want to send me one to use, you'll end up with a sheath:thumbsup:

Sure thing. I'll send a PM to get details.

JUvEOUb.jpg

3a0tbYG.jpg

really happy with how this retention strap works. When it's not snapped it doesn't really seem to get in the way. Big plus is that it can be removed completely and the sheath still functions normally.
I'll be cutting leather starting at the end of this week, and getting going on the batch!

The next batch of sheaths will be for the CPK EDC, and that sheath will work with all iterations of that model

I’d be interested in a UF2 sheath. Do you have a sketch or photo of template we can see?

I will likely go for one, but would really like to see what you are zeroing in on design-wise first. Thanks!

Hey Lorien, I’m in for a uf2. My personal favorite CPK pattern. Glad you like it too. Compete voodoo.

I should be getting a UF2 in about a week(+) or so and I've been thinking about a leather sheath.

Will a finished (waxed) but un-dyed sample look similar (color-wise) to those boot dagger sheaths that you show in your "Available For Sale" thread towards the top of your forum?

Also... Is that brownish leather sheath that you made for the antler handled knife shown in the same thread dyed? Or is that the color of the leather that you started with?

hey all y'all- if you're still interested in one of these sheaths, stake your claim in this thread here; https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-dozen-sheaths-for-cpk-uf2.1894330/

Back