Any Winkler fans?

LostLakeMaple.jpg

and some other teasers...

TraditionsSet.jpg

ForgedSet.jpg
That big one( first picture) is the one i saw yesterday. Mine had a burlap laminate that looked like sculpted real wood.

Yes i guess that’s what they named it. Replaces the Camp knife and the field knife. Blade stock goes from 3/16 to near 1/4. .248 i think.
I posted some pictures on watchforum.com on thread “daven show us your knife collection.”
Watchforum is for those who like watches of course. Everyone is welcome.

Just got this in this week. I absolutely love it. SD1 tribal maple. I love the way the sheath is. Perfect for edc. Can’t say enough how awesome it is
iyoLfUJ.jpeg

Long time appreciator of Winkler knives, and member here for a bit but have been a lurker on blade forums for probably 10 years. Let’s see some winkler collection pics, I love seeing what people have! This is mine minus a handful that have come in since picture was taken.
View attachment 2545409View attachment 2545410
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm speechless! That's like seeing a Unicorn with a mustache.

I have several with the Curly Maple. When I finally had a choice for a tribal i fell in love with the tribal in walnut. Totally different feel.
Imagine i just posted some really stunning pictures…….🏞️🎆🌆🌁

I have several with the Curly Maple. When I finally had a choice for a tribal i fell in love with the tribal in walnut. Totally different feel.
Imagine i just posted some really stunning pictures…….🏞️🎆🌆🌁
It's my first Winkler. I'm afraid they are fixing to be like Randalls and Chris Reeve and you'll only be able to find them on ebay

Just got this in this week. I absolutely love it. SD1 tribal maple. I love the way the sheath is. Perfect for edc. Can’t say enough how awesome it is
Looks great J. I received the same mode SD1l (also tribal maple) on Friday. Only two days, but very glad I pulled the trigger on it. Decided on the SD1 over the SD2, due to blade shape and thumb ramp preferences. Sheath looks great, rides fine, and next to no "break-in" needed. Seems I need to be careful not to shred pockets with that clip (front right pocket carry).

Anyone have any experience with the Contingency? I really like the looks. Probably wouldn't carry it but it would look good.

Just fidget spinning my Winkler Knives while convalescing after total knee replacement surgery. They really are comforting me in my time of need.
I've been there. Nothing like first trip to therapy. I told the guy thats as far as it goes so he helped me. HOLY crap I thought I was going to cry. He told me you have to take it to the wall then a little more or you will gain nothing. Once I started doing that I saw a lot of progress. My 52 year old knee was bone on bone.

How is that a possibility? People gonna buy them up just to flip?
Yes. Right now to buy one from winkler there is a waiting list of about 2 years. A lot of dealers seem to be running out of them. They are handmade as well. If they don’t sell out to someone it is hard to keep up with demand. I may be way off base though. lol. Knives these days are like the stock market in some ways. If you get a decent brand they are one of the only things that I know of that absolutely holds their value. My wife gets mad at me for buying knives but I just tell her it’s my way of saving money. We got 20 grand in the safe if something happens. Lol

A abraves absolutely. I just got up did my laps did some of the flexing exercise’s went up stairs for my daily shower and am now relaxing in my chair typing on my favorite knife brand. I have home health as my wife still works.
I have looked at the WK Contingency. The SD2 with an angle in the handle. I would probably lean towards the Operator myself. Both definitely special purpose, Knives.

I order direct because they are gracious enough to offer Veterans and First Responders a 25% discount so I gladly wait the 4 to 5 months.
This is one of the reasons I love these knives. I have 4 on order at this time and am happy to wait for them.

Back