Anyone Familiar With Dennis Riley?

I ran on to what appears to be a good deal today. A buddy of mine picked up a blade from Bladesmith Dennis Riley.

The knife is a handforged fixed blade, around 6-7 inches (the blade) and the handle is a beautiful piece of stag. It has a nice hand-rubbed finish and a nice temper line.

He offered it to me at what seems to be a ridiculously low price, and I was just wondering if any of you guys are familiar with his work.

I’d also be curious to hear from anyone who’s had experiences with Mr. Riley’s work…it looks like seriously good stuff. I hadn’t heard of this maker until recently (see this thread), but I’ve been fairly impressed with what I’ve heard about his work. He’s posted a few of his pieces in the “For Sale” section; they are beautiful-looking traditional knives and seem like a tremendous value (especially for hand-forged blades). I was interested enough to contact Mr. Riley about ordering one of his knives…he responded promptly and was very helpful in answering all of my questions. As a result of our correspondence, I decided to place an order for one of his Bowies. I’ll be sure to share my impressions of the knife once I receive it…I’ve got a pretty good feeling about this project ;).

Hello all...

As I stated in a previous thread...I can't say enough good things about this maker....the Arkansas Governors Bowie that he made is a winner...anyway you look at it!!! Fit and finish are for all intents and purposes..."Flawless"...I can't find a single dip or wave in the blade...and his prices cannot be beat.

If you like excellent hand forged blades...Dennis Riley is the very FIRST bladesmith you should look at!!!I can say for a fact, that I will be returning to this gentleman in the very near future for more blades.

Bpman

Back