Anywhere Anytime Bolo

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Years ago I had a design I called the Solo. It’s intention being “If I had only one blade.” I was contemplating that old design and concept and nowadays I’m not sure the old design would be my go to blade. With full dreamy fantasy in effect that I might be tasked with going to some far away places and having to do young guy shit, I’ve come up with this new design I’ve named the Anywhere Anytime Bolo!!! It’s the blade I’d want if I was adventuring just about anywhere in the World. It’s big enough to build a shelter, small enough to carry/pack, and tough enough to outlive me 😎 The first one was the tan Camo G10 one. I handled it for a couple weeks and decided to lose some blade width. I reduced the width at the blade shoulders from 2in to 1 3/4in. Nothing drastic but I believe it will make carving a little easier. I also reduced the material I left at the spine. The scales are shaped differently from what I’ve done in the past too. I used 3/8 thick slabs and rounded the edges then added grooves with a 2in wheel to add traction and palm swells. It’s a thick but not too thick grip. It helps mitigate shock when chopping. I believe it will be less fatiguing during prolonged use. I’ve also added a little file work to the spine for thumb placement. There is also a thong hole/impact device at the rear of the handle. All of these run about the same size and weight at 15in overall, 9 1/2in blades, and 21oz.

IMG_3348.jpegView attachment 2193854View attachment 2193855IMG_3351.jpeg

Last edited:
Loving this as well...will any of these three be up for sale? That orange one is really something....

The Natural Micarta one has been spoken for already 👍 The others are available at $425 each. Just gotta make sheaths this week😎
Copy that! Thanks for the update! Will likely have to pass for now but the natural one may have made me make a bad decision....lol

I just received my Anywhere Anytime Bolo... and I can't say enough great things about this particular model. It's amazing! This blade would definitely make my short list of what to carry into the mountains if I might not be coming back. DK94044, you will be very happy when yours shows up!

Back