• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Arizona Custom Knives Thoughts

I would like to see if I got this right. Arizona Custome Knives is a site where anyone can post their knives for sale. I noticed that most of the knives are marked "previously owned." I assume that people buy these knives and look to flip them for a profit or maybe sell them from their own collection. The prices seem really high, to the point that I feel like ACK is charging a percentage and the seller is trying to make a profit, which makes the knives seem overvalued in most cases. I am not saying this is a bad thing, just making sure I get this right. Does ACK have a good reputation? Do you have any tips or thoughts on buying from them?

I tried the search function and did not come to a conclusion.

They have a good rep,and have consighnment
If you go to the website, they spell out how it works , what it costs and how you get paid.

You don’t post your own. You get their agreement for you to send what you are interested in selling to them for their review and to make a purchase offer to you. If you sell to them, they post it on their site for their own profit. They get a lot of interesting stuff, but their business model is not to sell for cheap. I’ve purchased a few things from them. They are reputable.

You don’t post your own. You get their agreement for you to send what you are interested in selling to them for their review and to make a purchase offer to you. If you sell to them, they post it on their site for their own profit. They get a lot of interesting stuff, but their business model is not to sell for cheap. I’ve purchased a few things from them. They are reputable.

You can absolutely send them your own knives to sell and you can set the price you’d like (most times). You pay a 25% fee for their service.

They do go to shows and buy knives to list on their site and they will buy knives and collections outright but they do have the consignment service.

You can absolutely send them your own knives to sell and you can set the price you’d like (most times). You pay a 25% fee for their service.

They do go to shows and buy knives to list on their site and they will buy knives and collections outright but they do have the consignment service.
Jake’s right. They are consignment and reseller. They don’t hide that. Prices are set by the market and do run high, but often have stuff that’s hard to find and they have some deals come through. Reputable place. I’ve picked up a few lucky stumbles from them.

I would like to see if I got this right. Arizona Custome Knives is a site where anyone can post their knives for sale. I noticed that most of the knives are marked "previously owned." I assume that people buy these knives and look to flip them for a profit or maybe sell them from their own collection. The prices seem really high, to the point that I feel like ACK is charging a percentage and the seller is trying to make a profit, which makes the knives seem overvalued in most cases. I am not saying this is a bad thing, just making sure I get this right. Does ACK have a good reputation? Do you have any tips or thoughts on buying from them?

I tried the search function and did not come to a conclusion.
I have lot count of the number of knives I have purchased from them over the years. I have always received excellent service and consideration.

It's a private online store and all sales and purchases are transacted through their sales system. You will need to contact them directly to make that happen.

ACK is a full service knife dealer like many others. They buy new knives from makers at shows and sell them on their site. They buy certain second hand knives from clients, market and sell them on their site. They take consignment knives at a percentage of the sale price and market them on their site.

Prices do vary and in the past when I see a consignment piece that I feel is too expensive I have asked Andrew to approach the seller to make a reasonable offer. They are very business orientated and everyone there tries to make everything work well for both buyer and seller.

If you want to sell on their site you are essentially paying for access to their customer base. Some people add on the 25% commission to the sale price in the hope of recouping it. However the ACK customers are usually experienced collectors, and sometimes other dealers, and they know what things should sell for. Knives listed at too high a price just generally sit.

Over the years I have been lucky enough to pick up some real bargains but that happens less and less now.

Been dealing with AZCK since the 90's when Jay & Karen Sadow owned it (used to trade recipes!) They are a resource I appreciate and an industry leader

I have lost count of the number of knives I have purchased from them over the years.

Well Steven, I just went and filtered the database; my count is 43!

-Michael

Been dealing with AZCK since the 90's when Jay & Karen Sadow owned it (used to trade recipes!) They are a resource I appreciate and an industry leader

Well Steven, I just went and filtered the database; my count is 43!

-Michael
43 is a great start! 🤣

That's one fabulous collection you have there Mike!;)

So I've sent offers several times on some knives. The guy you email says he sends it to the owner of the knife, then eventually gets back to you with a yes or no, or a counter offer. I've bought several knives from the like that. Never had a problem besides missing a few knives.

I've been working with them for more than 10 years buying and selling and they are the best collectibles dealers I've come across. They have a global customer base and they take the risk shipping.

Back