Arkansas Custom Knife Show 2011 WIP

I am in the middle of getting ready for the Arkansas Custom Knife Show, which is Feb. 12-13, and I figured you guys might want to see what is going on. Today I am going to be working on getting several knives and handles ready for glue up.

Here are a couple of fun ones. The larger of the two is a Camp Cutlass and I think it will be getting some margarita G-11 scales and the small one a Pocket Cutlass will likely be getting Olive Drab G-10 scales.

This is one that I worked on in Washington AR. I have a lot left to do with this one. It has a 9 or 10 inch forged blade and is maybe 15 or 16 inches overall, so it is a respectably sized bowie. Hopefully it will get done and get sold at the show. (Otherwise it is mine!)

Here is another one for the AKA show. It is a flat ground edc from 3/32'' 1095. I usually do these from a little thicker stock and hollow grind them. This one should be a slicer! It is going to get red carbon fiber scales and red liners.

Nice blades Allen,please post pics with scales.
I haven't seen red carbon fiber scales,sounds hot.
Have fun.

Nice blades Allen,please post pics with scales.
I haven't seen red carbon fiber scales,sounds hot.
Have fun.

The red carbon fiber looks REALLY cool. On these the carbon fiber alternates with red G-10 so it makes for a very nice effect. However, I need to do a little hand sanding and buffing before I take pics. But, I now have a survival tin knife with red carbon fiber scales all glued up as well.

I like the G-11 Margarita on the Pocket Cutlass, Haven't seen Scales on the Survival Tin knives yet. Hope the Show was a good one for you Allen.
john

I like the G-11 Margarita on the Pocket Cutlass, Haven't seen Scales on the Survival Tin knives yet. Hope the Show was a good one for you Allen.
john
As do I, I sold it to him. Proud to see some scrap material turned into works of art. Almost makes me feel like a proud grandpaw. :D

Here is the bowie that I am working on for the show. I am not certain if it will make the deadline or not. Right now the handle is just about shaped and I have been experimenting with handle finishes on scrap pieces. I may even do some silver wire inlay on this one as well.

Thanks for the pic of the tin knife with the red CF,that is sweet,save some for mine please.
And some wire inlay would be nice on the bowie,it really gives a knife the custom hand worked look.

Have fun.

Thanks on the "heads up" on th AR Custom Knife Show. Will plan to head over there from Memphis next weekend.

Back