Axe, Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo Thread

IMG-20220305-074009-01.jpg

The Norse Tradesman arrived with nick in edge, leather bone dry and horrible grind. I worked the grind and it’s nice now and edge good, Tung oiled the leather. Applied a patina, looks nice now. The Norse looks like the skeggox Floki used in Vikings. It’s also almost spot on to a 9th century find in Scandinavia, the head shape. My dane axe due to arrive tomorrow, stay tuned for pics.
View attachment 2486151

This door in my wood stove room serves well for a hawk hanger. I have not tried the skeggox or battle axe for throwing, the others get thrown frequently. Have a condor Valhalla thrower on the way. That will be my skeggox trainer for throwing. Have not thrown the 2hawks Viking Work Horse yet, but I did wrap some handle with leather. View attachment 2506735IMG_3453.jpeg

Exactly what I needed. So these people I see on youtube who are slicing paper with their axe, that's not necessary I guess?
No.

And nice axe. 👍

This is the "Axe, Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo thread", if you'd like to do a search you'll find many threads discussing grinds elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back