Beer and Blades!

Gqt0AnK.jpeg

Red Stripe! Brings back memories and haven’t had one in a while. Nice looking knife too!

Great picture with some cool knives. Is the Coors Banquet Beer more of a darker or caramel color beer much like Corona Familiar? Just curious, thanks.
Thank you! 😁

Honestly, I'm far from a beer critic so I'm not sure I can give an accurate measure of how it relates to Corona Familiar, especially since I've never tried that. It does taste like a darker, richer beer than most lagers, but I usually drink it out of the can or bottle so I'm not sure about color. What I can tell you is that Coors Banquet is delicious, refreshing on a hot day, and is a great "lawnmower beer". I really like it. It has sort of a sweet taste to it with a pleasant after taste. I usually have some type of craft beer on the weekends like an IPA or a stout, and it can be a nice change from that. I'll have to give Corona Familiar a try some time, it looks good!

Hope that helps, cheers. 🍻

Thank you! 😁

Honestly, I'm far from a beer critic so I'm not sure I can give an accurate measure of how it relates to Corona Familiar, especially since I've never tried that. It does taste like a darker, richer beer than most lagers, but I usually drink it out of the can or bottle so I'm not sure about color. What I can tell you is that Coors Banquet is delicious, refreshing on a hot day, and is a great "lawnmower beer". I really like it. It has sort of a sweet taste to it with a pleasant after taste. I usually have some type of craft beer on the weekends like an IPA or a stout, and it can be a nice change from that. I'll have to give Corona Familiar a try some time, it looks good!

“Ain’t no down stream beer.” Remember those old Coors commercials? Best beer commercials of all time. Well that and The Most Interesting Man in the World telling the mountain lion to get down off the kitchen counter.

Thank you! 😁

Thanks, I like Modelo Negra and I even liked a Modelo Oro for a light beer. Cannot get into a stout but I like the smoother and less bite of those lagers. I was a little disappointed with Dos XX Amber, not as smooth as regular Dos XX. Not really a beer drinker but like it with food. Pacifico and Corona were a little too similar for me, not bad but they didn’t have a richer flavor, maybe I was looking for caramel sweetness. Appreciated.

I did like a Aged Barrell coffee chocolate beer, but I didn’t like Founders Breakfast Oatmeal stout.

Happy Friday happy hour 🍻 I’ve got an Imperial Kamp King doing the chores. It’s the same knife I had in Boy Scouts back in the 60’s when I couldn’t afford a “real” Camillus scout knife. Sadly it was stolen along with a previous collection but I was able to find one on the exchange. Also today a little something in Ebony for Black Friday. Have a great weekend all. IMG_2655.jpeg

View attachment 2310527

-Schrade Walden Old Timer 165 Hunting Knife.

-A very old Frost fixed blade that I don’t know much about.

This pair was used by my grandfather to field dress and process deer and moose all over the boreal forests here in Alberta for decades before he passed earlier this year. Both are ready to continue serving as hunting blades this season.

Along with a great Lager from a local brewery.
I just got a vintage 165OT like yours. I also have the 152OT. I dig those old designs. 1095 and 5160 are all you need. The super "duper" steels are nothing but selling gimmicks for companies to inflate their prices so us "poor" people can't afford them. It's like GoreTex, another consumer gimmick.

I just got a vintage 165OT like yours. I also have the 152OT. I dig those old designs. 1095 and 5160 are all you need. The super "duper" steels are nothing but selling gimmicks for companies to inflate their prices so us "poor" people can't afford them. It's like GoreTex, another consumer gimmick.

Word.

Back