Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

After reading and studying everything I can about fake Benchmade knives I'm done even trying to purchase older models on E-bay. It's just too difficult to weed thru all the fraudulent sales. I have two with fake boxes with knives that look real but.....
The only way I could tell the fake boxes was to compare them to a real one purchased from a reputable knife store.

A few things I've learned buying from ebay.

1. Square labels at corners=>pass
2. No date & numbers on lower left of box=>pass
3. You can return a knife even if seller says no returns. Reason for return should be "item defective", then list all the problems with it or perhaps one or two so as not to give all "secrets" away.
4. Lots of fakes sold by newby sellers and descriptions with nothing but cm or incorrect ingrish (english).
5. Leave a fake knife review. Always.

This may be where a bunch of fakes come from.

link removed by staff. we don't hot link to non-supporting vendors nor unsavory ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever see a clone/counterfeit 580/581 or 585/586? I've done some searches and checked fake seller sites and don't see either model(s) listed.

yeah they’re out there, especially the 581. don’t know about the minis for sure but i wouldn’t be surprised. as far as the box not having a date on it, they’ve only been putting them on the boxes for less than around 7 or 8 years if i remember correctly

I recently purchased a Bushcrafter 162 off of Amazon, from the official Benchmade store...However, the box I received had been opened, so it may have been a return, and I'm concerned someone may have returned a fake...
Is there anyway to tell? The seems of the knife seem perfect, very smooth, no bumpy transion between the g10 handle and the spine. It looks like a hefty blade, not sure if it's thicker than norm or just very sturdy built...Maybe some others have this knife too and can help me out with any discrepancies. It wasn't cheap, I want to be sure I'm getting what I paid for. Thanks everyone:)

https://imgur.com/a/y6s9g4n

Sorry for crossposting but this is the most awkard thing happens to me with a knife!
Legit e-commerce in France, wrong pairing with blade/handle or wrong markings. (??)
ALBUM: IMGUR ALBUM
here's the thread if someone is interested.
Cheers!

Last edited:
They made a SE “Jade G-10” Bugout 535 with M4 steel. But Benchmade doesn’t usually print the “CPM” part. only “M4” or “S30V” only.

I did find an example of “CPM M4” printed on a SMKW SE.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a Bushcrafter 162 off of Amazon, from the official Benchmade store...However, the box I received had been opened, so it may have been a return, and I'm concerned someone may have returned a fake...
Is there anyway to tell? The seems of the knife seem perfect, very smooth, no bumpy transion between the g10 handle and the spine. It looks like a hefty blade, not sure if it's thicker than norm or just very sturdy built...Maybe some others have this knife too and can help me out with any discrepancies. It wasn't cheap, I want to be sure I'm getting what I paid for. Thanks everyone:)

https://imgur.com/a/y6s9g4n

I found out something that may benefit other Canadians on here in the future.
Turns out my knife is legit, the open seals are due to CBSA restrictions.

Due to CBSA restrictions (Customs Notice 18-01), Benchmade knives may have broken seals due to inspection at the Canadian border.
I'm assuming because benchmade makes various centrifugal knives that are prohibited here, they break the seals and check all of their knives coming into the country.
Just an FYI for anybody else wondering why the seals were broken. Although it would be nice for then to put a CBSA sticker on the item to let us know it was them and not some random person...

Recently, I bought a 535-3 BUGOUT through a private sale as a genuine product.
However, it seems that the position of the BENCHMADE logo and the position of the S90V are slightly different on the actual product.
Is this real?

LDDQaaw.jpeg
tVjDOgZ.jpeg
ru9w26u.jpeg
sHyGsdA.jpeg

Recently, I bought a 535-3 BUGOUT through a private sale as a genuine product.
However, it seems that the position of the BENCHMADE logo and the position of the S90V are slightly different on the actual product.
Is this real?

LDDQaaw.jpeg
tVjDOgZ.jpeg
ru9w26u.jpeg
sHyGsdA.jpeg
The hardware and typeface appears genuine to me. Also, REI and KnivesShipFree websites both have the logo printed closer to the pivot just like yours.

Back