Best BUDGET Sharpening System? Suggestions please.

I've been meaning to get a good bench stone for a while now, something I can use at home when getting the guys' knives ready for shipping. Been rocking the worksharp field sharpener and sharpmaker and they are just too small and slow, and I want to bump up my efficiency.

Crag the Brewer Crag the Brewer how do you like these Baryonx stones on your M4 and Cruwear blades?

I've been meaning to get a good bench stone for a while now, something I can use at home when getting the guys' knives ready for shipping. Been rocking the worksharp field sharpener and sharpmaker and they are just too small and slow, and I want to bump up my efficiency.

Crag the Brewer Crag the Brewer how do you like these Baryonx stones on your M4 and Cruwear blades?

M2 is reasonable. Work, but doable.
Cruwear is very easy to sharpen, Idk why?
Your magnacut should be similar to Cruwear, from what I hear

The only difficult knife I had to sharpen was k390 steel, that was my worst. That forced me to buy a dedicated diamond plate.

I have a couple 10v I'm going to do this summer, people say it's ok, we shall see?

*the white one is a mix of sharpening materials, I believe?
So I think it's able to do the Hard stuff

Well it should be cake then, since I put my primary geometry on with the grinder anyway. I probably don't even need the coarse stone, but it was cheap, so it can't hurt to have it, at least for my personal knives.

Well it should be cake then, since I put my primary geometry on with the grinder anyway. I probably don't even need the coarse stone, but it was cheap, so it can't hurt to have it, at least for my personal knives.

Even though the black one is like sharpening on a Brick, it surprisingly gets knife edges really sharp. Toothy with micro serrations, but sharp.

I bought it to initially help me with tip work when I was starting out.

I used to do them by hand at first, so I wouldn't burn them up on the grinder

I slack belt sharpen on the grinder with short passes and don't burn it.
I start them, but I like the stone in case I need to gently correct something. It gives me time to think about stuff, And not screw up something Fast.

Back