• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bird and Trout NitroV and Macassar Ebony

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey there everybody! Here’s a new handy little knife I just finished up. Hope you like it!

Steel is 3/32” x 15/16” in NitroV with heat treat recipe for 60/61.Hand sanded to 600 grit for a satin finish. The edge was under .01” before sharpening , it balances just behind the front pin.

Dimensions: 7 3/4” OAL, Tip to Scales 3 7/8”

Lighter colored Macassar Ebony scales make up the handle, accented with red fiber liners. Secured with brass and mosaic pins. The handle is finished to 1200 grit, oiled and waxed.

The slender handle feels great in my average sized hand. The blade is nice and snug in the sheath.

Still using imgur, if anyone wants full size photos I’ll get ‘em to ya!

Price is $160 to your US door, and of course your satisfaction is my only priority. Paypal, check or MO, and the price includes fees and free shipping in the US.

Thanks so much for looking and please feel free to ask anything here or via PM.

John Cahoon

I see this beauty as way more than "BNT" designation says to me. The delicate upsweep to the blade of nearly four inches, a perfect all around size in my book, is just gorgeous. Nifty leather design too. Sweet wood and liner look, J. Cahoon craftsmanship, what's not to like?!

Hi guys, thanks a bunch for your kind words. Grady, this design started out as a pair of steak knives my retired partner asked me to make. He provided the template. Then his nephew placed an order for six more. Then I made two more as family gifts for my Tucson cousins. I sold #11 on another platform a couple of weeks ago so this is No. 12 of this design, all in Nitro V. The design really lends itself to b&t/f&s applications. But I could see it as an all purpose kitchen knife as well, and just about any other application. Not chopping though HEE HEE!

ETA this one has a twin with the same handle ready to glue up but I need to address other things.

Last edited:
Back