Bob Dozier Hatchet

Cyo

Does anyone know if Dozier still makes a small hatchet or hatchet like skinner? I've googled and looked around and I can't seem to find any information about this.

I bought one from him at the New York Knife Show many years ago and I've never seen another. It's made from A2 Steel, it's marked A2, and it came with a special Kydex sheath. It's small, about 12" long with the cutting edge being about 5" across. It has a full tang and micarta handles.

Any information would be appreciated.

my.php
[/URL] [/IMG]

And in it's sheath

my.php
[/URL] [/IMG]

And a closer look at the Dozier logo. The sheath also has Dozier stamped on the back.

my.php
[/URL] [/IMG]

I know these aren't the best images, but it should be enough to get the idea. I love it and think it's very spiffy. I've just never seen another one.

Oh, and I'm very near you. I live near Nazareth PA. :)

Last edited:
The Dozier Shop didn' t make many of these. And they are not a cataloged model. Bob only had 1 at that NY Show. Since Bob is from a hunting/ outdoors background, as many of his customers are, it was inevitable that a hatchet model would be made available. It also appeared that small hatchets became popular during that time. The shop can always make one for anyone who desires. The only other I' ve seen is a model offered by Tops Knives- very strikingly similar to Bobs...

N.

www.dozierknives.com/forum

Does anyone know if Dozier still makes a small hatchet or hatchet like skinner? I've googled and looked around and I can't seem to find any information about this.

I bought one from him at the New York Knife Show many years ago and I've never seen another. It's made from A2 Steel, it's marked A2, and it came with a special Kydex sheath. It's small, about 12" long with the cutting edge being about 5" across. It has a full tang and micarta handles.

Any information would be appreciated.
I have one also. I'm new on here and I know it's an old post but I'm looking for information on it.

I bought a knife from him at a show in Fayetteville and had an hour-long conversation with him two weeks ago yesterday.

Back