Photos BRL gets his first dirt time and new Becker in half a decade

BRL

So in 2012 I got divorced. A lot of life changes and challenges followed, not to mention the ones that preceeded it. Didn't leave a lot of free cycles for outdoors things.

This week was my first real camping and fishing time in five years or more. And I had this beauty with me.

It was the Bundok that brought me back, honestly. The bundle turned me off, and then they were gone and the regret set in.

The Moses didn't speak to me, until then it did and before I knew it I had one, plus the BK5 (How did I never buy one of these?!? Omg dreamy knife!).

So I took it on my first trip in years, with wife and two youngest in tow.

I missed this. SO MUCH.

Here's me and a few of my loves, catching literally nothing but having a great time doing it.

I might be unclear on the basics of successful fishing.

But then again, it depends on your definition of successful fishing. Me and boy being successful.

I got to use my new knife, but sadly didn't get pictures. But I took some AFTER the trip, that will have to suffice!.

I taught my spawn about fatwood!

I took down a large block of frozen chicken!

Beauty!

I thought the Cutlass was my favorite giant knife, but now....

Thicker Camillus scales off my Beckerhead BK10, red liners, a ranger band, and now she fits my giant mitts sooooooooo well.

And on top of that, the KA-BAR awesome sheath accommodates the much thicker handle.

Pure beefy knife heaven.

i should probably convex my Moses...

BRL, nice to see you back. 4 more quality posts and you get your BH # back, as you are on provisional leave ;)

Good to see you getting out with the fam, and using the blades. Thanks for posting it up.

Great to see you back in the saddle BRL.

I still have the BRL mod on my FPR BK17.:D

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
-Henry David Thoreau

At least you have that part figured out. :D Happy to hear that you are not only bouncing back but landing on your feet.

Great post on many levels.... welcome back and many thanks for the kind words!....My old and good friend, Larry Harley, redneck extraordinaire, once invited me fishing and when I demurred said "Well hell E I didn't say we were gonna take bait"...... Shore loafing is like woods loafing it can be an end in itself....... Great pix ..... Thanks for taking us along......

E

Great thread and Pics! I relate bro. I just got out of a bad relationship I was in for like 5 years, and I'm back in the bush and loving life for the first time in a long time. Enjoy that family time!

Great thread and Pics! I relate bro. I just got out of a bad relationship I was in for like 5 years, and I'm back in the bush and loving life for the first time in a long time. Enjoy that family time!
Dude, welcome back! Want your BK-2 Back?

Dude, welcome back! Want your BK-2 Back?
Thanks, its good to be back! Are you serious about the Bk2? Yeah I would love to get that knife back!

Thanks, its good to be back! Are you serious about the Bk2? Yeah I would love to get that knife back!
It"ll need a sharpening, PM me your address and I'll get it out this next week.

Back