Camp Knife Build

Hmm, I don’t have a lot of experience with handle butts that low, should be interesting - what ever you think would work best is fine. I would request the concrete texturing treatment; that always looks good. Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

I was thinking a lower ride to clear a pack. Maybe some unobtrusive attachment points for lashing too, we'll see.

Sounds good on the concrete texturing:thumbsup:

WOW! 'tis a thing o'beauty, they both are! :cool:

If this keeps up, Jared and I are going to end up bonded as brothers in the Clan of the Cowbell...

lol Sheldon, you have a point there. Great minds think alike, and all that. ;) :D

Any requests? I'm going to try to get the butt of the handle at or below the belt line.

I was thinking a lower ride to clear a pack.

Interesting idea, I like it. :cool: If I'm carrying a pack for any length of time, I generally strap my knife to the belt of the pack, for that exact reason. Can't really strap a pack over your belt if there's a knife in the way.

Maybe some unobtrusive attachment points for lashing too, we'll see.

Sounds good on the concrete texturing:thumbsup:
I'm onboard with both of these thoughts too. :)

The knives look great John! :thumbsup:

Now there are a couple of real nice functional looking knives, I like that Starry night micarta on the one. I have a little bit of brown and natural in the shop but haven't gotten around to using it yet.
Thanks Scott, I appreciate it:thumbsup:

CrafsMan, you SteadyCraftin'? Does we need to send in the pulse checkers?

Oh I's steady craftin, busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

As far as the knife world goes I finished etching 5 blades tonight, the 2020 Cowbell will be up for grabs this week (as soon as I sharpen it), I'm in the middle of designing sheaths for these Campers, mocking up a new 5" blade design, and patiently waiting the return of a 10 pound box I sent off for K&G stabilization.

In the non knife world, a paragraph about five times as long, it's been a productive summer round cheer!

Oh I's steady craftin, busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

As far as the knife world goes I finished etching 5 blades tonight, the 2020 Cowbell will be up for grabs this week (as soon as I sharpen it), I'm in the middle of designing sheaths for these Campers, mocking up a new 5" blade design, and patiently waiting the return of a 10 pound box I sent off for K&G stabilization.

In the non knife world, a paragraph about five times as long, it's been a productive summer round cheer!
So much awesome in this post!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

Best kind of camping right there, when fires really matter.

Unfortunately I'll be out of pocket for a bit, I shall return. Sorry about the delay on the sheaths gents.

Safe travels, we'll be here when you return. p.s. Edna and I once drove into a freak blizzard in the Trinity Alps of NorCal, having to pull into a closed campground for the night until the storm passed and the roads were cleared - you're not kidding about the "when fires really matter." part. Now I carry about five different fire starting methods when travelings; Bic lighters don't count... :eek:

Well executed simplicity is the best way to go. You nailed that one John. Well done! :thumbsup:

Phil

Last edited:
Back