Case Tony Bose Collabs pic and discussion thread.

Until I started carrying the my TB inspired swayback jack, I didn’t really understand the affection for the pruner. I think I get it now!! They share what I thought of as an awkward handle curve that for some reason feels just right.

I also really like single spring opposite end 2 blade folders…the Norfolk is calling my name.
You should get a Norfolk if you have the chance- I much prefer the bone ones as the Collab Ebony I find a bit austere for my taste.

Pruners are oddly attractive knives and while you won't keep one in your pocket for usual tasks, they're superb openers of sacks, knot picking and excellent on big fruits like Melon or Pineapple. They look very cool opened out too :cool:

WbPiWxB.jpg

I initially intended to build my Case Bose collection in all ebony, thankfully I grabbed some other styles in bone and stag. I love the really dark brown bone if you can find one. The one I have in brown is the stockman but it’s pretty light. The dark molasses is a great one but it comes only in damascus. The pruner that should be delivered tomorrow (probably after I head to the airport for business trip, uggh) is antique bone. I’ll post a pic when I can.

I’m thinking I might try and trade one of my Lanny’s for a really great brown bone example if I can find one.

I really like the Norfolk, it didn’t initially catch my eye just based on pics but once I got one I love it. They say the secondary can be a nail breaker but mine isn’t at all. Hope you get one, you won’t regret it.
I’ve been drooling over them for a while, since i completely became enamored with my SBJ. TB’s Wharncliff is so nice, sent me down the rabbit hole and here I am.

You should get a Norfolk if you have the chance- I much prefer the bone ones as the Collab Ebony I find a bit austere for my taste.

Pruners are oddly attractive knives and while you won't keep one in your pocket for usual tasks, they're superb openers of sacks, knot picking and excellent on big fruits like Melon or Pineapple. They look very cool opened out too :cool:

WbPiWxB.jpg
I passed on the only Norfolk I have seen sale because it was Ebony. I just really like the feeling and look of jigged bone.

The “S” shape when open is for “sublime”

I initially intended to build my Case Bose collection in all ebony, thankfully I grabbed some other styles in bone and stag. I love the really dark brown bone if you can find one. The one I have in brown is the stockman but it’s pretty light. The dark molasses is a great one but it comes only in damascus. The pruner that should be delivered tomorrow (probably after I head to the airport for business trip, uggh) is antique bone. I’ll post a pic when I can.

I’m thinking I might try and trade one of my Lanny’s for a really great brown bone example if I can find one.
Agree on the variability of the bone. I love the dark molasses and raindrop Damascus. I’d buy one and use the heck out of it, to the horror of some of my collector friends 😀. I also like the chestnut and brown when they are deeply dyed.

Last edited:
I assume the damascus is a little more delicate than the 154-CM but honestly, unless you’re chopping wood or cutting food on a ceramic or porcelain plate, pretty sure it will be just fine. That said, I haven’t used any of my damascus knives to cut squat yet. 😂.

Y’all are making me regret all my ebony. 😬

I believe the Damascus is Devin Thomas, so it pretty darn stainless, tough and takes a fine edge. It won’t hold the edge as long as the 154CM but I won’t be chopping wood. I am not holding my breath for a Damascus one, just saying I’d jump on it

Don’t regret your ebony! I went back and forth, it’s super popular for a reason and very durable. It will serve you very well.

I believe the Damascus is Devin Thomas, so it pretty darn stainless, tough and takes a fine edge. It won’t hold the edge as long as the 154CM but I won’t be chopping wood. I am not holding my breath for a Damascus one, just saying I’d jump on it

Don’t regret your ebony! I went back and forth, it’s super popular for a reason and very durable. It will serve you very well.
I did see a damascus norfolk for sale recently. It’s gone now but hope you find one. I’ve had surprising luck posting here in the WTB forum.

I probably will look at trading my ebony locking Lanny for a nice brown jigged bone one at some point. I do like the way the ebony feels in hand but I also like variety so…

Last edited:
Anyone know the spring material on the Collabs with 154-CM blades? I only ask because I saw one with pepper spots inside the spring and was puzzled. I always assumed the springs were stainless too.

WOW, Gus, which one is your favorite carry?
It varies, I surprisingly enjoy carrying the Norfolk which is one of the most recent ones I got. Didn’t think I’d get one based just on pictures, but a lot of people here seemed to love it so when I saw one available I figured I’d give it a shot. Before that it was the Eureka or the HT Trapper.

My least favorite seem to be the Lanny’s. I don’t know why really as a lot of people do like that pattern.

The Eureka did have a lot of sharp edges on the spine of the blades though but a little buffing fixed that pretty easily

The Eureka is my favorite Bose, but I have NOT had the pleasure of carrying one of his Wharncliffe trappers.
The WT is really nice largely because of that wharncliffe blade. Not as comfortable in hand though, kind of like the Lanny’s at least for me. I think I tend to like the feel of a slimmer pattern, especially if the tang blends into the frame when closed.

You have way too much ebony. If you got rid of the Cattle Knife & Wharncliff Trapper I'm sure you'd feel better.

I can help you out with that, if you want.:)

At one point initially I was trying to get them all in ebony. I did trade out the large stockman with another here brown bone for my ebony. The cattle knife I would hang on to because it has an “authentic???” Tony Bose signature on the box. I didn’t care but at the time it was the only one I could find available for some time. Having OCD and little patience is a bad combination.

Last edited:
Back