Change from Manix2 XL to Domino

I initially ordered a STR Low Rider clip for my Manix2 XL but after it arrived I started checking out how it would work with my other knives. I found that I liked it a lot with my Domino. Since I'm left handed you can see that the clip doesn't impinge at all upon the frame lock.
In a perfect world, I'd like the Domino to be tip down but in that position the clip screw holes project the low rider clip too far up into the open blade for my liking and with the chance of accidentally snagging something during a cut isn't worth having my "perfect world."

DominoSTRlowrider1_zps3647b4c4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DominoSTRlowrider2_zpsf4cb36fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DominoSTRlowriderinpocket1_zps54cc0d53.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Should fit the Para 2 well also, and probably the Delica 4 although the screw sizes vary with that one. Some of the tip down models are quite tight, as in quick fold overs for the 180 like right off the mount! I am glad only 1 in 10 or more orders a tip down. Some are very difficult to fold over without off hang that is borderline.

I tried it on my PM2 camo with the same conflict as the tip down carry on the Domino. What was fantastic though, was how the color of the clip complimented the colors and the design of the camo PM, but I wasn't willing to compromise my tip down carry on the PM2. For some reason it worked for me on the Domino because of the flipper - don't know why. I knew I was in the tip down minority but didn't realize I was that out numbered.

I did line up your clip with my Delica4 and the holes did match. I recall on a post that I think was made by you Steve, saying, paraphrased by me, that because of where the Spyderco logo was on both the frn Enduras and Delicas, that the STR low rider clip, being shorter than the factory length would miss falling on the smoother logo, thereby chewing up the pants fabric faster. I don't dislike FRN at all, in fact I kinda like it, but have to agree that other than the logo area, that's some nasty pants chewing texture.

Take care & Merry Christmas.

I tried it on my PM2 camo with the same conflict as the tip down carry on the Domino. What was fantastic though, was how the color of the clip complimented the colors and the design of the camo PM, but I wasn't willing to compromise my tip down carry on the PM2. For some reason it worked for me on the Domino because of the flipper - don't know why. I knew I was in the tip down minority but didn't realize I was that out numbered.

I did line up your clip with my Delica4 and the holes did match. I recall on a post that I think was made by you Steve, saying, paraphrased by me, that because of where the Spyderco logo was on both the frn Enduras and Delicas, that the STR low rider clip, being shorter than the factory length would miss falling on the smoother logo, thereby chewing up the pants fabric faster. I don't dislike FRN at all, in fact I kinda like it, but have to agree that other than the logo area, that's some nasty pants chewing texture.

It can be. The real kicker is the off size screws for the Delica. The stainless, the FRN and the G10 all use differnent diameter screws. Its like that with the ZT low rider which has to be made to fit the Taiwan made and USA made screws both of which are different. There are some models I just don't do tip down on at all due to the tight fold. The clips seem to work better with more free space to clear the screw heads. Those tight immediate folds make for tighter space and more pocket chew also just from the screw heads banging. Some screws are taller than others also. Many of the Emerson screw heads stand up way tall to me. I'd prefer to replace those but people use the phillips all the time with them and are used to it. Unfortunately the phillips heads stand tall tho so that adds to some pocket wear. Its why I'll cock the bend such it stands a little above the screw heads on some. It helps clear the pocket rim and is kinder for wear that way.

It can be. The real kicker is the off size screws for the Delica. The stainless, the FRN and the G10 all use differnent diameter screws. Its like that with the ZT low rider which has to be made to fit the Taiwan made and USA made screws both of which are different. There are some models I just don't do tip down on at all due to the tight fold. The clips seem to work better with more free space to clear the screw heads. Those tight immediate folds make for tighter space and more pocket chew also just from the screw heads banging. Some screws are taller than others also. Many of the Emerson screw heads stand up way tall to me. I'd prefer to replace those but people use the phillips all the time with them and are used to it. Unfortunately the phillips heads stand tall tho so that adds to some pocket wear. Its why I'll cock the bend such it stands a little above the screw heads on some. It helps clear the pocket rim and is kinder for wear that way.

Back