Photos CKF Evo 4.0

Hello

I haven’t read much about the CKF Evo 4.0

For those who have one, what do you think about this knife ?

Can you share picture from your configuration ?

Great knife,bit smaller than EVO 1 and 3.
Perfect EDC size,smooth,centered.
Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_7391.jpeg
    IMG_7391.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 4
I like mine... But I have to admit that I had to get over some initial disappointment with it.

When I received mine, I literally could not open the knife with one hand. When I disassembled it, I found that the detent was packed with a very viscous grease. After cleaning that out and applying KPL, the action was GREATLY improved. When I dissembled it, I ran into the next issue though. The pivot is free-spinning. One of the bigger selling points in the marketing of the Evo 4.0 was the new addition of a "D" captivated pivot, and was something I was excited about. There was a miscommunication with the factory in China and this feature was left out of the 4.0 (the Tanto has it). Also, they accidentally put the Torx tooled pivot on the wrong side. The smooth pivot side was supposed to be on the show side with the ZrTi pivot collar, but they made a mistake and put the Torx pivot on the show side. Since there is only a pivot collar on one side, the pivot heads are different sizes, so you can't swap which side they are on. Also there was supposed to be a ZrTi pocket clip released shortly after the knife so that you could match the pivot collar with the clip. That was cancelled.

So yea, like I said. I like mine, but there was definitely some letdowns considering it was a $730 knife.

FESPk0k.jpg

1VfW0PA.jpg

Back