Cobra Class 4

Dan, a lot of folks have one and have posted about them.

Use the custom search engine and search "Cobra Sewing Machine". You'll get dozens of threads.

Yes sir. I have the Cobra Class 4, a Cobra Class 18 for lighter stuff, a Cobra NP4 skiving machine and a Cobra finisher. We were just talking yesterday that we needed to get a Cobra 26, their splitter and a strap cutter. The discussion centered on whether to get the strap cutter first or the splitter. Getting the 26 was already at the top of what to get first, just need to figure where we're gonna put it.

I couldn't begin to recommend the Cobra 4 enough. They are legendary in the leather industry for their after the sale service and this is absolutely true. Shortly after getting the 18 we had a needle break. It has a safety disengage switch to protect the machine from bad things happening when ya break a needle. Its a lil complicated to re engage the machine. I called and found that the guys were heading to a show and would be out of the office till the next week. Dang, guess I ain't making any belts for a few days. Not an hour later I get a call, from the owner of the company, while he's on the road and he walks me through the process of taking the safety switch off. Above and beyond. I was having trouble resharpening the skiver and called to find out how to put a small secondary bevel on the primary bevel of the knife bell. Found out that Vince, the guy I needed to talk to that specializes in the skivers was home sick. They put me through to the owner of the company and he says yep ya want to talk to Vince about that here's his personal cell phone number. I said I'm not calling him at home, (he had covid) when he's sick. Yes you are. You don't pay him enough. Yes I do. Vince answered and he walked me through it and then we chatted for a while cause I think Vince was bored sitting at home.

On the Cobra 4 specifically, an excellent and extremely versatile machine. Much easier to use and much less of a learning curve than other machines I have used. I bought the basic package and have never missed all the other things that come with the deluxe package. I didn't need them for how I worked. Your mileage might vary on that deal though

Dan if I remember you are in CO, yeah? Middle of this month in Sheridan is THE leather show. They will be there with a large display and all their guys and plenty of machines there for you to take home with you. It'd probably be worth your while to head on up to the show if you are considering one. See em in person, get some how to, and some time with instruction on a machine before ya buy etc. Be a worthwhile trip probably. We'd planned on driving out for the show from Calif this year but life got in the way. Maybe next year. The Sheridan show is THE leather show as I mentioned. If indeed ya bought one ya could probably save some $$$$ on shipping too. We're a couple of hours from em here and we drive down when we buy a machine. They'll show us how to run it and then load it up for us in the back of the truck and off we go.

Paul Long is retired now, but he used the Cobra 4 and the 18 and had a splitter too. He recommended these machines too.

Last edited:
Yes sir. I have the Cobra Class 4, a Cobra Class 18 for lighter stuff, a Cobra NP4 skiving machine and a Cobra finisher. We were just talking yesterday that we needed to get a Cobra 26, their splitter and a strap cutter. The discussion centered on whether to get the strap cutter first or the splitter. Getting the 26 was already at the top of what to get first, just need to figure where we're gonna put it.

I couldn't begin to recommend the Cobra 4 enough. They are legendary in the leather industry for their after the sale service and this is absolutely true. Shortly after getting the 18 we had a needle break. It has a safety disengage switch to protect the machine from bad things happening when ya break a needle. Its a lil complicated to re engage the machine. I called and found that the guys were heading to a show and would be out of the office till the next week. Dang, guess I ain't making any belts for a few days. Not an hour later I get a call, from the owner of the company, while he's on the road and he walks me through the process of taking the safety switch off. Above and beyond. I was having trouble resharpening the skiver and called to find out how to put a small secondary bevel on the primary bevel of the knife bell. Found out that Vince, the guy I needed to talk to that specializes in the skivers was home sick. They put me through to the owner of the company and he says yep ya want to talk to Vince about that here's his personal cell phone number. I said I'm not calling him at home, (he had covid) when he's sick. Yes you are. You don't pay him enough. Yes I do. Vince answered and he walked me through it and then we chatted for a while cause I think Vince was bored sitting at home.

On the Cobra 4 specifically, an excellent and extremely versatile machine. Much easier to use and much less of a learning curve than other machines I have used. I bought the basic package and have never missed all the other things that come with the deluxe package. I didn't need them for how I worked. Your mileage might vary on that deal though

Dan if I remember you are in CO, yeah? Middle of this month in Sheridan is THE leather show. They will be there with a large display and all their guys and plenty of machines there for you to take home with you. It'd probably be worth your while to head on up to the show if you are considering one. See em in person, get some how to, and some time with instruction on a machine before ya buy etc. Be a worthwhile trip probably. We'd planned on driving out for the show from Calif this year but life got in the way. Maybe next year. The Sheridan show is THE leather show as I mentioned. If indeed ya bought one ya could probably save some $$$$ on shipping too. We're a couple of hours from em here and we drive down when we buy a machine. They'll show us how to run it and then load it up for us in the back of the truck and off we go.

Paul Long is retired now, but he used the Cobra 4 and the 18 and had a splitter too. He recommended these machines too.
Thanks! I went ahead and got a Cobra Class 4 as well as a Buckleguy Clicker Press. I got to check them out locally and ordered through their store.

You do awesome work!

Good deal.Yeah we just started doing some business with the Buckleguy too. Thanks

Back