Comfort food

m. wohlwend

BANNED
More stuff I make :p

Wife still sick, and it poured rain here and is cold, so time for some good country food....

My homemade chicken and noodles. Of course we had to use one of my knives to cut up the whole chicken..

Picture041.jpg

Then my 2 of my boys and one of my daughters tackled the bread...

I supervised the baking. Amish white bread...

Picture040.jpg

not to much done in the shop today.... oh well....

Got a package from Shadtree :thumbup:

Take a look at this. This is gonna be cool!

Of course I had to take a pic of the full sized hiker Whit and I used on the poor chicken.... :p

Picture042.jpg

I am south or you...can I come over for dinner? :D Great looking knives and even better looking handle material...I LOVE the burlap (?) micarta.

Looks real good! Ill use my soon to be Wohlwends in the kitchen too.

I too am in the Republik! Way down south in San Diego. When I joined this forum, I figured I'd be the only Californian here, as hardly anyone here carries a knife, let alone has any interest in knives.

It's alternately raining and hailing right now and rained most of yesterday. Our comfort food was a slab of corned beef, with boiled spuds and cabbage, it being St. Patty's day, and my wife is Irish. Didn't get any photos though; it was devoured way too quickly...

ERG

I too am in the Republik! Way down south in San Diego. When I joined this forum, I figured I'd be the only Californian here, as hardly anyone here carries a knife, let alone has any interest in knives.

It's alternately raining and hailing right now and rained most of yesterday. Our comfort food was a slab of corned beef, with boiled spuds and cabbage, it being St. Patty's day, and my wife is Irish. Didn't get any photos though; it was devoured way too quickly...

ERG

We had corned beef/spuds/carrots/peas...traditional Irish food/colors on the plate...mmmmm getting hungry again:)

edit to add: In my own defense I am a transplant from New England and Ive carried a knife since youth.

I figured I'd be the only Californian here, as hardly anyone here carries a knife, let alone has any interest in knives.

Last edited:
Back