• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

For Sale CPK 5" Basic Field Knife leather sheath (reduced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwissHeritageCo

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Custom leather sheath made specifically for the CPK 5" Basic Field Knife. Elongated belt loop is designed to act as a swivel which makes it easier to sheath and can be worn higher, lower, or canted at an angle via cross draw or side carry. There is a natural mark in the hide of the leather, because of that I'm reducing the price :)

$60 net conus, paypal (FF or G/S plus fees).

dekk7.jpg
dekk8.jpg
dekk9.jpg
dekk6.jpg
dekk3.jpg
cpk9.jpg
cpk11.jpg

Last edited:
Would the BFK sheath also work for a FK1
(first version) or is it too deep, not enough friction to retain the knife?

Hard to say without knowing the dimensions of the FK1. From what I've read the FK1 has an overall length of 9.75" and a blade length of 4.625", but I have no idea if that is correct

It's a pouch style sheath so it can accommodate a range of flexibility without retention issues, just a question if it's within that range. I'll get some pics up next to a ruler and some measurements of the mouth on my lunch break.

Measurements are approximately 9" in length with a mouth opening of 2". Any CPK knife that can fit in it will retain - the style of the pouch is designed with retention in mind. I have a number of knives that fit in it that aren't CPK.

bfk1.jpg

Hope that helps clarify :)

Thanks for doing that! By my scientific calculations, my FK1 is indeed 9.75” long. I’m trying to visualize how much of the butt end will stick out of the mouth of the sheath when it is fully inserted. Ideally I’d like 2-3” available to grab onto when drawing the knife.

I really like the minimalist design, especially the versatile belt loop as I plan the carry cross draw on an angle.

Thanks for doing that! By my scientific calculations, my FK1 is indeed 9.75” long. I’m trying to visualize how much of the butt end will stick out of the mouth of the sheath when it is fully inserted. Ideally I’d like 2-3” available to grab onto when drawing the knife.

I really like the minimalist design, especially the versatile belt loop as I plan the carry cross draw on an angle.

Hmm... what I can say is that the shorter side of the sheath (opposite side of ruler pic) is just over 8". I would call the welt about half an inch from the bottom as it runs higher than the stitch line, so at worst you're looking at +.75 and +.5 of exposed handle. It's my understanding that the FK1 has broader blade with more belly than the BFK which I would guess runs into the cross stitched welt sooner than the BFK which would again, leave more handle exposed.

But the reality is that it's anyone's guess :)

Bump for some new pics and a final price drop.

$60 net conus, (paypal ff or g/s plus fees).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back