CQC-T Remarks...please read!!!

I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of this project...the people involved and the unmatched quality of the piece.

This is easily the baddest Tomahawk we have EVER produced, period.

If anyone is not completely satisfied the moment they open the box, I'll honestly be surprised...and you'll be refunded immediately.

This is a personal combat tool, first and foremost! The edge is ground thin and it's wickedly sharp. The machine cuts in our nylon handle for the O-Rings do compromise some of the torsional strength and rigidity of the handle compared to its configuration on the LaGana Tactical. This is only noticeable under the stress found in extreme-use, such as throwing or driving a vehicle over it for testing. It is NOT noticeable for its intended use and even greater than that...only noticeable at the very extreme.

It will more than endure throwing IF you are experienced. However, contemplating the O-Rings which were designed for RETENTION as opposed to making it easy off the hand when thrown, I do not recommend that you go out and start tossing it. It wasn't made for that and Ernie is not about that. We are however, and we built the CQC-T to endure it...but it's not our best thrower so just keep that in mind.

Please indeed share your remarks here as your packages arrive and thanks for your patience during this intitial production run.

Andy

Andy,

My box just showed up (at work therefore not able to do much with them or take a pic.) and I'm a happy guy. This is my first purchase from ATC and looks like I've been missing out.

Lorne

Lorne,

You're the first I've heard that received it but a lot of people will be getting them today and I hope they post here! I'm glad to hear that you like it.

Those who haven't received a tracking number and want one, call me and I'll get you your information. I've sent a LOT of emails and made a lot of phone calls.

Suzanne Settle
Customer Service
American Tomahawk Company
877-557-5200 (Toll-Free)

Well... I'm sure that there will be many happy posts real soon.

I guess I forgot to count my Brend Custom so these two really are not my first ATC hawks... but they will be my first users. (I just can't bring myself to use and maybe mess-up the Brend)

:eek: Absolutely Incredible, I just got home from work and opened my box! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm gonna go play, will post with pics later. Andy, Suzanne and everyone @ ATC, THANK YOU and GREAT JOB!! I can't wait for my V-TAC now! :D

I was gone and i work the next couple of days. so i have to wait to pick it on monday...bumer

I've got to say that I'm very pleased with my new CQC-T.
Shaved the hair on my arm real nice, too.
So damned pretty that I hate to try the edge on my firewood. Afraid I'll mark up that pretty black finish.
Feels good in the hand. Light, but has good balance. Feels like a weapon oughta feel. Solid.

What's the best preservative for the o-rings?
Any solvents we should keep away from the handle/blade finish/o-rings?
I like the sheath, too. Good protection.

Started making a two-piece leather sheath for it. Using the 'hawk like an Ulu to cut the leather. Very controllable.
I think this little rig would be an excellent quartering and skinning tool for Elk.
Maybe a touch light for the removal of ribs from back bone, but it'd do. Good for everything else if a fella was traveling light. Have a good knife along too, of course.
Thanks to Mr. Prisco, Mr. Emerson, and Suzanne.
Semper-Fi!
Spud

The brown truck came last night. Now, how do I describe the CQC-T?

The CQC-T is:
Awsome
fearsome
killer-sharp (like a razor)
In the eyes of a retired machinist....beautiful
Graceful
smooth and lovely to look at. I must have required at least a 4 axis CNC mill.
Did I mention sharp! sharp sharp sharp!
No unwanted stress points.
WOW!
Love it!
The next time I get attacked by a pit bull it will become only 1/2 a pit bull!
Well worth the price.
One of these should be placed in a crushed velvet lined box and displayed at a museum of art.

Andy, this is the best ATC has ever done. Did you say you were going to try and forge these later on? Have you had a chance to test the edge holding of the 4140 yet?

The sheath......welllll, its functional. At first I thought it was just for lefties, then I noticed that the insert will come out and turn around to make it a righty too. I don't care much for the white/black combo but as I said it is functional and carries comfortably (took it on my morning walk in place of pistol and knife).

Photos would be nice but no photo can show just how beautiful this hawk is...you just have to hold it and look at it be awed at a great piece of machine work.

Good Job Guys & Gals of ATC and you too Earnie Emerson
Ciao,
Ron Cassel
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :) :)

muzzleup said:
...Now, how do I describe the CQC-T?

The next time I get attacked by a pit bull it will become only 1/2 a pit bull!
Well worth the price.
Ron Cassel
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :) :)
Ron, that's the damn-funniest thing I've read in YEARS!, but it would be more correct to say; "Two halves of a pit bull".:D.:D. (I've always wondered what a good whack from my ATC Roger's Rangers Spike Tomahawk would do to a 'Pit...But I'm afraid if attacked by one, I'd pull out my Glock 10mm and put a few holes in the mutt.:D.:D.).

Dann,
Yeah a pistol bullet would be the best medicine for a charging pit bull except here in Bremerton I would probably get arrested for discharging a firearm in the city limits whereas then RCW does not say a thing about swinging a tomahawk. In fact the RCW does not even address the issue of carrying a fixed blade knife, which I also have many of even with the hawk at my side.
I usually carry a 9X18 Makrov on my morning walk which is a clone of the Walther PPK. I just don't know if I could hit a charging pit bull with a pistol but I could damn well have my hawk raised when he gets close!!

You should get yourself a CQC-T. It's one sweet swift handling weapon.

Ciao
Ron
:) :thumbup:

It's a thing of beauty. I almost hope the coyotes come out of our pasture and in the yard tonight. It's been awhile since I've had to teach them a lesson. ;) Well, I'm outside Poulsbo city limits, and I'll carry anything I darn well feel like. Bears have been showing around here. :( Not that I'd aggravate a bear, even with my CQC-T! :D

:thumbup: :thumbup: :) MYMINDISAMOB:
Which part of Poulsbo are you outside of? As a kid I used to live in the old Navy project housing just behind of the town.

We are in agreement....the CQC-T is a thing of beauty and I have been carrying it in the Bremerton city limits and even tried wearing it in the car and to my surprise it carried nicely on my belt in the car...just short enough so that it did not poke me in the ribs or my "old man spare tire"

Ciao, neighbor

Ron :thumbup:

muzzleup, I'm just outside Poulsbo @ Hilltop going towards Hood Canal. I haven't worn my Hawk in the truck, but it hasn't left arms reach yet. Mike

Quality Job !!!
Extremely Glad I Decided To Get One For My Collection ...
Highly Recommended ++

I got mine and am in love with it! Tremendous job ATC! :thumbup:

I am curious about the sheath though... what's up with the white/creme colored trim on a black sheath? :confused: I'd like the same sheath in all black, or coyote brown... any plans for future sheath options? Thanks.

Kev

El Cid said:
I got mine and am in love with it! Tremendous job ATC! :thumbup:

I am curious about the sheath though... what's up with the white/creme colored trim on a black sheath? :confused: I'd like the same sheath in all black, or coyote brown... any plans for future sheath options? Thanks.

Kev
I hope they can make a kydex sheath like the do for K5Tactical.

Back