Custom Addiction!

A while back I could never dream of spending 200+ on a knife...until actually bought a custom at a local shop as an impulse buy. Now i'm waiting to get one comissioned and one should be on the way to me right now...God my wallet hurts. I've bought productions up the yin yang and racked up expenses totalling about $800 and I haven't bought new clothes in a year and a half. I feel happy that works of art are coming to me but it feels sooo bad at the same time. Anyone else hav this problem? :) :( :) :( :D

I don't know about the feeling bad part, but the rest is very familiar indeed. I don't buy production knives anymore, but spend a lot on custom ones. Hell, I don't mind, after all it could be heroin I was addicted to. That would really suck. Knives on the other hand are a very pleasant addiction.

Its just like Keith said. There are a whole lot worse things to spend your money on.

It only becoms a problem when you can't afford things like, rent, food, hydro, phone, cable etc. But like you i have been spendning most of my money on customs recently, I decided that unless i can find a fixed blade that is exactly what i want, I'll get a custom, depending on who you get it from it can be cheaper than you think.

Back