Deep carry clip for Spyderco Manix2 XL?

Hey STR. I've been lurking your clips forever and I just wanted to know if you've done a deep clip for the Manix2 XL. It's a great knife I love to carry but there's such a large portion of the knife that juts out of my pocket. I also own the Resilience and although that portion is smaller, that sticks out as well which bothers me a little. Thanks in advance!

Hey STR. I've been lurking your clips forever and I just wanted to know if you've done a deep clip for the Manix2 XL. It's a great knife I love to carry but there's such a large portion of the knife that juts out of my pocket. I also own the Resilience and although that portion is smaller, that sticks out as well which bothers me a little. Thanks in advance!

I have done them. I get it mixed up with the other Manix tho as they are different somehow. I just don't recall until I pull out the catalog usually. Its not called for as often for either Manix so I never remember.

I have done them. I get it mixed up with the other Manix tho as they are different somehow. I just don't recall until I pull out the catalog usually. Its not called for as often for either Manix so I never remember.

Since I'm new to your forum page here, when does the catalog come out? And I noticed the order form change on one of your posts, do we just PM you and send you money over paypal?

Since I'm new to your forum page here, when does the catalog come out? And I noticed the order form change on one of your posts, do we just PM you and send you money over paypal?

One of my sticky posts here in the forum on page one has the order info and the form is still in the second post for anyone wanting it. I do still need the same info as listed on my blog and posts of course but the form is gone for the most part yes. Normally I get things out of here right quick but as I said in my post earlier due to the death of my wife's father and multi trips to Tenn lately I'm wiped and do not plan to work this week. Probably be back Monday if I can but at this writing not so much. I am browsing when I can to try to answer some guys tho but for now I'm not good for much else. Thanks

STR

One of my sticky posts here in the forum on page one has the order info and the form is still in the second post for anyone wanting it. I do still need the same info as listed on my blog and posts of course but the form is gone for the most part yes. Normally I get things out of here right quick but as I said in my post earlier due to the death of my wife's father and multi trips to Tenn lately I'm wiped and do not plan to work this week. Probably be back Monday if I can but at this writing not so much. I am browsing when I can to try to answer some guys tho but for now I'm not good for much else. Thanks

STR

I'm extremely sorry for your loss. I wish I could extend my condolences. I'll check back to see when you change the post regarding not working, as for now, I'll fill out the form and save it to my computer. Unless you'd rather me send it to you along with payment immediately?

Any update? Can you make a DC clip for the Manix XL?
Thanks

Yeah I sent one out yesterday to someone. Was that you? I can't recall without seeing the paperwork but one went out just recent for that model
STR

Yeah I sent one out yesterday to someone. Was that you? I can't recall without seeing the paperwork but one went out just recent for that model
STR
No that was not me,I was the other poster looking for one.Question?Is the one you just sent out the same as the Para 2 clip, or is it specifically made for the Manix XL?I previously used the STR Para 2 DC clip on my Manix XL. I am looking for a little deeper carry clip for the Manix XL rather than just using Para 2 DC clip.Due to the clip placement on the XL the clip I want would be specific to the Manix XL.I want to order a clip from you if it is designed for the Manix XL.If you make the XL clip would you please PM me ordering instructions or I will call you on the phone if that is easier.

Best regards,
salmonkiller

No that was not me,I was the other poster looking for one.Question?Is the one you just sent out the same as the Para 2 clip, or is it specifically made for the Manix XL?I previously used the STR Para 2 DC clip on my Manix XL. I am looking for a little deeper carry clip for the Manix XL rather than just using Para 2 DC clip.Due to the clip placement on the XL the clip I want would be specific to the Manix XL.I want to order a clip from you if it is designed for the Manix XL.If you make the XL clip would you please PM me ordering instructions or I will call you on the phone if that is easier.

Best regards,
salmonkiller

Same mount for both. The similarity stops there. The fold over spot along the stem is different. I don't have a Manix xl so I'd need the folder to do one up to specifics as you describe. I can't guess and hit it spot on without the folder or from pics. In all likelihood I'd be close and that is the best I can offer unless you mail the folder. Thanks
STR

Steve,
Here are a few pictures that were posted by member Barman1 on another thread. I would like a clip that goes right to the butt (past the lanyard hole).
t4iv.jpg

Regular Manix 2 clip

pa6l.jpg

Clip made by theoriginalspaceman for a Para 2 installed on a Manix 2 XL

I can send my Manix 2 XL to you when it arrives, then you will have an exact template for others that want the deep carry for the Manix XL.

Best regards,
salmonkiller

Link to Mamix XL thread where deep carry clip is being discussedhttp://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1127735-FYI-Knifeworks-accepting-pre-orders-for-S90V-Manix-XL-Tuesday/page4

Damn. Just made a long post for you and the damn thing didn't post. The clip can't make it to the butt. Comfort reasons, clip invisibility reasons in the hand, covering the lanyard over and not looking like it belongs there. Its just not possible to really take the stem that far up. In fact just a bump higher than the clip on it. The reason is it would off hang the spine, not the butt. The spine, generally speaking you don't want things off hanging on for all the above reasons. On the butt or straight off the front some overhang is fine. Off the spine even a little is a bad idea.

Steve,
Here are a few pictures that were posted by member Barman1 on another thread. I would like a clip that goes right to the butt (past the lanyard hole).
t4iv.jpg

Regular Manix 2 clip

pa6l.jpg

Clip made by theoriginalspaceman for a Para 2 installed on a Manix 2 XL

I can send my Manix 2 XL to you when it arrives, then you will have an exact template for others that want the deep carry for the Manix XL.

Best regards,
salmonkiller

Link to Mamix XL thread where deep carry clip is being discussedhttp://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1127735-FYI-Knifeworks-accepting-pre-orders-for-S90V-Manix-XL-Tuesday/page4

I've got one done to mail. STR@bladeforums.com works fine for paypal $37 shipped. Thanks for your interest and do let me see it so I know how I did. Also, be sure the address shows in payment as many don't notice its not the correct one and pay pal insists I mail to the one in the payment to get any sort of coverage at all on it should something happen to it. Thanks again
STR

Thank you very much Sir.....

Funds sent to you via Paypal and I will post a picture on this thread when I get a chance......
Best regards,
salmonkiller

Here are a few pictures of the Lowrider Clip STR made for my Manix 2 XL S90V
11254785773_91c8e5d7eb_h.jpg

11254747964_2b83ce2ea2_h.jpg

Thank you Steve!

Best Regards,
salmonkiller

Hey Steve, seeing the results for salmonkiller pushed me off the fence.
I have the same knife, Manix2 XL s90v, and carry left handed, if that matters.
Please send me one out when you can.
I'll paypal the funds as soon as I know "it's a go."
Thank you, greg

Yeah we're good just send it on over and I'll get one out in the am. Thanks

STR

Received and immediately put on STR clip for the S90V Manix 2 XL. REAL NICE!

Thanks for posting pics, Salmonkiller.

Yeah I just bought a manix 2 xl and im soo looking for one of these. sent an email to STR about one.

Yeah I just bought a manix 2 xl and im soo looking for one of these. sent an email to STR about one.

I'm not sure I ever saw this? Did I reply to you or no? I don't recall the screen name is why I ask. Sorry if so. Just saw this. S

I'm not sure I ever saw this? Did I reply to you or no? I don't recall the screen name is why I ask. Sorry if so. Just saw this. S

Yeah I already paid. also sent you an email as well just now.

Last edited:
Back