Deer Rock Knives- Finished Work

KW, Greg’s work isn’t cheap, but it is a BARGAIN! I carry one of his Puukko designs daily, it is about as fine of a cutting tool as you can find. As a side note, on a dare, I once trimmed and cut 70 pounds of stew meat with his Skinner Dan knife, though it is a tad short for some of that work, it performed very well. His handles are well thought out and comfortable and his blades are crazy efficient. I will talk him into making me an 6 1/2” Yardbird design, for my butchering work someday. All that to say: Greg’s knives are worth saving and waiting for. Steve

KW, Greg’s work isn’t cheap, but it is a BARGAIN! I carry one of his Puukko designs daily, it is about as fine of a cutting tool as you can find. As a side note, on a dare, I once trimmed and cut 70 pounds of stew meat with his Skinner Dan knife, though it is a tad short for some of that work, it performed very well. His handles are well thought out and comfortable and his blades are crazy efficient. I will talk him into making me an 6 1/2” Yardbird design, for my butchering work someday. All that to say: Greg’s knives are worth saving and waiting for. Steve
Thanks for the kind words F fastevo , keep your eyes peeled going to be finishing up some boning knives in the coming months in .079 14c

Thanks for the kind words F fastevo , keep your eyes peeled going to be finishing up some boning knives in the coming months in .079 14c
Greg, sign me up!lol I use a Victorinox 6 1/2” boning knife 6-10 hours a day, it does about 85-90% of the work I need to do, a DeerRock knife would make that work quite a bit more fun and efficient! Steve

He's doing a service for the community with his work....... I personally think the quality his work is worth a lot more.

I say Wow, every picture posted!

Greg, sign me up!lol I use a Victorinox 6 1/2” boning knife 6-10 hours a day, it does about 85-90% of the work I need to do, a DeerRock knife would make that work quite a bit more fun and efficient! Steve
That’s funny you say that because the victorinox is my go to as well, but I hate the handle. I’ve modeled mine after it, it’s the bottom one and will probably end up with a handle similar to the top pattern (which is somewhat similar to my handle on your skinner). Middle is my filet.
IMG_2616.jpeg
He's doing a service for the community with his work....... I personally think the quality his work is worth a lot more.

I say Wow, every picture posted!
Thanks, all I see is the flaws lol. It’s never been my goal to charge astronomical amounts but totally get why some makers do, it’s difficult to get by as a full time maker and my personal situation is unique to allow it for now. I do think there’s a threshold to what people pay

That’s funny you say that because the victorinox is my go to as well, but I hate the handle. I’ve modeled mine after it, it’s the bottom one and will probably end up with a handle similar to the top pattern (which is somewhat similar to my handle on your skinner). Middle is my filet.
View attachment 2562135

Thanks, all I see is the flaws lol. It’s never been my goal to charge astronomical amounts but totally get why some makers do, it’s difficult to get by as a full time maker and my personal situation is unique to allow it for now. I do think there’s a threshold to what people pay
Greg, that boning design would have to be as close to perfection as my butchering hands will ever feel! Looking great. The Victorinox handles do suck and F. Dick does not make a truly comparable knife. The F. Dick handles are better though, and when I was doing more spot butchering, I used their “bullnose” design a bunch, for initial gutting and skinning. Steve

Last edited:
I LOVE a good endorsement and I prefer the "ya pay for what ya get" when it comes to buying quality. I'm really glad I found this forum and Greg. Time to lurk some more!

Thanks y'all!

- Patrick

Back