Dive Watches

the ocean7 is similar but not a straight copy, it has the hrv valve at the 4 o'clock area of the case, the bezel lock is kind of cool, I would rather it just turned instead of having to pay attention to pressing the lock at the same time lol. If I ever am in a helium saturated environment something has gone seriously wrong lol. but I love having the hrv just for looks an fun. The Delta I wore on my deepest dive this year, 90ft. So it defiantly holds up.

In case anyone is wondering what happens to tritium gas tubes after about 20 years or so . . .

View attachment 2045473

Tried taking a pic in a completely dark room, but you couldn't see the older Luminox at all.
Yup, and last I checked Luminox won't replace tritium anymore...that's what started my hunt that ended with Raymond over at Bonding Co.

Looks like I have one of these Islander Northport's coming to me. I think I'll like it; I have not used a mechanical / automatic watch since the 1970's when my Brother in Law gave me the Zodiac dress watch he bought in Greenland while in the Air Force.

Northport 1.jpgNorthport Lume.jpg

On my Wrist

Wrist Shot 2.JPG

Last edited:
Been checking the accuracy my Islander Northport with the Miyota 9015 movement. Set to and checked against the NIST.

1st three days, wearing it all the time: -14 seconds or -4.66 seconds per day so I set it to exactly 1 minute fast so I could check it over time; it should slowly lose time till it's right on then start going minus, Theoretically I should only need to re-set once a month or so and never be more than a minute off.
Per advice I saw on line, I removed the watch at night leaving it stem up. After another 3 days it's -7 seconds or -2.33 seconds per day. This is well within the specs for the Miyota movement and I am happy with the results. I guess it's true that position effects accuracy on mechanicals.

I'll continue with the watch off at night and re-check over time to see how it holds up over longer periods.

Been checking the accuracy my Islander Northport with the Miyota 9015 movement. Set to and checked against the NIST.

1st three days, wearing it all the time: -14 seconds or -4.66 seconds per day so I set it to exactly 1 minute fast so I could check it over time; it should slowly lose time till it's right on then start going minus, Theoretically I should only need to re-set once a month or so and never be more than a minute off.
Per advice I saw on line, I removed the watch at night leaving it stem up. After another 3 days it's -7 seconds or -2.33 seconds per day. This is well within the specs for the Miyota movement and I am happy with the results. I guess it's true that position effects accuracy on mechanicals.

I'll continue with the watch off at night and re-check over time to see how it holds up over longer periods.
Experiment with face up, face down, crown up, and crown down. You might find one that runs fast (I have on several of my watches). Once you figure that out (assuming you keep records of position and drift), you might be able to keep it almost dead on my varying how you rest it overnight.

IMG-20230217-104120945-HDR.jpg

Back