Do you guys play video games?

Ninja Garden...that actually sounds like it could be pretty fun.

I'm a sucker for Bethesda games so obtained Starfield. It suffers from what alot of modern AAA games suffer in 2023: Notfunitis.

It's pretty buggy and somewhat crashy
Screenshot_20231002_224611_Gallery.jpg

At least its got a bit of ASSets.
20230915_220449.jpg

I'm a sucker for Bethesda games so obtained Starfield. It suffers from what alot of modern AAA games suffer in 2023: Notfunitis.

View attachment 2342290

View attachment 2342287
Edited, darn autocorrect! And there is plenty of sweet Rachel ass in Ninja Gaiden!

View attachment 2342290

View attachment 2342287
If you like Bethesda, Skyrim is calling!

I usually stick with the same stuff I've been playing for years.

Just gave up on tears of the kingdom. Finally got bored. I did it all, lol. Didn't find all the koroks though.

Dragon quest just went silent after news of dq3 remaster and XII flames of fate. Waiting patiently. I've been playing dragon quest since I was old enough to hold an NES controller. (Zelda too)

Final fantasy just decided to cater to a different audience and I have no intentions on playing the new one after the garbage that 15 was.... but I do enjoy replaying older titles.

Recently I've been picking up random NES games from my childhood and replaying them. Just finished ducktails last week. Much easier than I remember lol. Next up is probably robin hood or faxanadu...

Bethesda.... frickin Microsoft... why did you have to Xbox the Bethesda stuff. I'm not buying an Xbox untill a new elder scrolls comes out. Figure it'll be cheap enough to buy a system by the time they release the game (years from now). They might have starfield fixed by then too, so that's two to look forward to playing, lol! I probably have more time into Skyrim than any other game I've ever played. It has been, what, 12 years?

Fun stuff.

Just gave up on tears of the kingdom. Finally got bored. I did it all, lol. Didn't find all the koroks though.

Dragon quest just went silent after news of dq3 remaster and XII flames of fate. Waiting patiently. I've been playing dragon quest since I was old enough to hold an NES controller. (Zelda too)

Final fantasy just decided to cater to a different audience and I have no intentions on playing the new one after the garbage that 15 was.... but I do enjoy replaying older titles.

Recently I've been picking up random NES games from my childhood and replaying them. Just finished ducktails last week. Much easier than I remember lol. Next up is probably robin hood or faxanadu...

Bethesda.... frickin Microsoft... why did you have to Xbox the Bethesda stuff. I'm not buying an Xbox untill a new elder scrolls comes out. Figure it'll be cheap enough to buy a system by the time they release the game (years from now). They might have starfield fixed by then too, so that's two to look forward to playing, lol! I probably have more time into Skyrim than any other game I've ever played. It has been, what, 12 years?

Fun stuff.
I want a new Fallout game that isn't hot garbage like 76 was, something along the lines of 3 or New Vegas would be awesome!

I want a new Fallout game that isn't hot garbage like 76 was, something along the lines of 3 or New Vegas would be awesome!
New Vegas was THE fallout game.

Man that would be something. My daughter has the old PS3 hostage but one of these days I'll fire that one back up. I stood in line at midnight to pick that one up on release day.

Even a remaster would be great.

I actually really love Starfield.

It is not perfect, but I still have a lot of fun. Some things seem unfinished, but I haven't had any gamebreaking bugs, which is rare for a BSG game.

I like the feel of the combat. It feels faster-paced than FO4 with no VATS equivalent, but not a twitch-fest for nine-year-olds like the dedicated multiplayer shooters.

Ships, weapons, and worlds all look really great, although I'm peeved that they modeled a 1911 for two guns and it's obviously missing the plunger tube.

Quests are imperfect, main quest is not great but not awful. All of the big faction side quests are really enjoyable.

Shipbuilding is fun but not intuitive. Outpost building is a hassle but also fortunately completely unnecessary.

Exploring is fun, but needs improvement. A lot of planets are really cool, and there is enough variety in the POIs that the fact that you find the same ones over again after a while isn't the end of the world to me. Scanning ground side is a hassle especially for aquatic animals.

Global inventory management is THE major problem, it is a BIG step backwards from FO4 while offering way more crap to manage.

Second major problem is the inexplicable lack of a useful local map. Half the struggle in scanning aquatic fauna is that when you finally figure out your need to land on a coast, when you land there, there's no clear way to see which way the water is, but it's usually a hike.

Loot system is not great. The weapons tier should be upgradeable like they were in FO4. Most rare, epic, and legendary gear feels useless because higher-tier common gear is so much more powerful and it's unlikely you got good affixes on the rate stuff, and even if you did, the massive damage increases from upgrading weapon tiers outstrip nearly all possible legendary affix combinations.

Related to this, unique weapons and gear are a letdown because their tier doesn't scale to the level you are when you find them. If you are side questing, exploring, or gaining XP at all from anything else, by the time you start buying or earning/finding unique gear, it's outclassed.

Really I'd say that it's ripe for a lot of expansions and has good bones.

Last edited:

It is not perfect, but I still have a lot of fun. Since things seem unfinished, but I haven't had any gamebreaking bugs, which is rare for a BSG game.

I like the feel of the combat. It feels faster-paced than FO4 with no VATS equivalent, but not a twitch-fest for nine-year-olds like the dedicated multiplayer shooters.

Ships, weapons, and worlds all look really great, although I'm peeved that they modeled a 1911 for two guns and it's obviously missing the plunger tube.

Quests are imperfect, main quest is not great but not awful. All of the big faction side quests are really enjoyable.

Shipbuilding is fun but not intuitive. Outpost building is a hassle but also fortunately completely unnecessary.

Exploring is fun, but needs improvement. A lot of planets are really cool, and there is enough variety in the POIs that the fact that you find the same ones over again after a while isn't the end of the world to me. Scanning ground side is a hassle especially for aquatic animals.

Global inventory management is THE major problem, it is a BIG step backwards from FO4 while offering way more crap to manage.

Second major problem is the inexplicable lack of a useful local map. Half the struggle in scanning aquatic fauna is that when you finally figure out your need to land on a coast, when you land there, there's no clear way to see which way the water is, but it's usually a hike.

Loot system is not great. The weapons tier should be upgradeable like they were in FO4. Most rare, epic, and legendary gear feels useless because higher-tier common gear is so much more powerful and it's unlikely you got good affixes on the rate stuff, and even if you did, the massive damage increases from upgrading weapon tiers outstrip nearly all possible legendary affix combinations.

Related to this, unique weapons and gear are a letdown because their tier doesn't scale to the level you are when you find them. If you are side questing, exploring, or gaining XP at all from anything else, by the time you start buying or earning/finding unique gear, it's outclassed.

Thanks for the comprehensive review.

I was kinda bummed about not getting in on this game because of the Xbox, but will eventually get to it. It looks great. You know Bethesda, they'll update it forever and add expansions.

Their MO is releasing beta versions. Lol

Fun stuff.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake? Aside from the plot ghosts addition, it’s been a faithful remake so far.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake? Aside from the plot ghosts addition, it’s been a faithful remake so far.
I haven't got it yet. Maybe one of these days. It looks like a good remake, though. The exception being that the game seems like it went with action oriented, hack n slash type controls with the combat system and I'm just not into it.

Fun stuff.
I enjoyed Tears Of The Kingdom but I beat it too quickly, despite doing most of the quests before beating Ganondorf.

It did take longer than Breath Of The Wild, but with more shrines and a way larger map that was expected. The boss fight was WAY better than BOTW, where Calamity Ganon was very underwhelming. However, I liked BOTW better.

Many of the mini bosses were annoying more than difficult. Unlike fighting Lynels (and guardians in BOTW) it was more about waiting for the monster to go through it's routine than actual strategy. Specifically the mucktorok, gohma, and colgera.

Gloomhands (or Gloomspawn) were both annoying and terrifying. Difficult to fight in the early game, and often in random places that more get in your way than anything else. The music for them was excellent --at scaring the crap out of you.

The best new mini-boss was the Gleeok and King Gleeok. Not only we're having proper equipment and a decent heart count important, but materials prep was equally important.

The one thing that I really, really, REALLY didn't like was the crafting part. It was cumbersome to use, very time consuming, and did not add anything to the game. I generally hate crafting games like Minecraft etc. The only saving grace was the remote cart. Launching 2 or 3 armed with cannons and flamethrowers then sitting back and watching monsters try to figure out what to do with them was quite funny.

I generally didn't like the fusing part either.

I'm not a big video game guy anymore. I played and admined a from 2006-12. Hadn't played much since, and the last console I had owned was the Wii. My parents got me a switch in 2019 for Christmas, and the lite for my nephew's.it was to keep me occupied while recovering from my hospital nightmare.

Now that I've beaten Mariokart, Super Smash, BOTW, and TOTK, I pretty much just play Fortnite with my nephews and occasionally my brother in law. Oh I also beat MLB the Show 2022, which is quite fun, but I don't have the desire to spend money on a new one each year. I didn't like whatever the NBA game was last year at all.

I occasionally check the new games out in the shop, but I'm waiting for both an NHL and Madden game to (ever) come out.

Down the road I'll probably end up with a PS5 but not anytime soon.

That's been around a long time.

View attachment 2343381
In my childhood with all the time and patience I think we got to around sixth level. Later on emulators with instant save/load I tried to beat the game but still didn’t manage. It’s kind of shame because it was otherwise so damn fun game but ruthlessly sadistic in difficulty.

Interesting, I always thought 3 and 4 had the best story but the overwhelming majority prefers New Vegas.

Anxiously waiting for Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 (please GOD DONT F IT UP)

And Dragon's Dogma 2.

It is not perfect, but I still have a lot of fun. Some things seem unfinished, but I haven't had any gamebreaking bugs, which is rare for a BSG game.

I agree. I currently have all the Mantis gear and the Razorleaf, not that far in. I do like the major towns, just starting on outposts. Once this game gets enough good mods it'll be something great. Some of the planets are obviously just filler.

Back