DPx HEST Folder Blade Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you Reeek; I'll just wait to see how mine is when I get it.

As long as mine hasn't shipped yet, I'd prefer it be handled before I get it.
I'd rather wait another 2 weeks than have to get it, send it back and wait again. I am not sure in what stage some of them are in, so this may not be possible.

Not a huge ordeal, but a hassle nonetheless.

Not exactly a DIY fix like replacing a pin. Unfortunately, I think RYP hasn't thought about the fact that making a smaller stop pin will not only lower the blade in the closed position, it will raise the blade in the open position, and cause a change in lockup. The only way that I can think of to lower the blade without changing open position and lockup is to file away at the part of the blade that rests against that pin in the closed position. Again, not really a DIY fix...

you also run the risk of the edge just slamming into the backspacer when closed.

I am curious. If you change the size of the stop pin want that in turn mess up the ball detent? Mine sticks out a little but I did not even notice it until I read this post. I would prefer it sit all the way down but not if it will mess up other functions of the knife. Outside of this the knife is pretty damn amazing.

Whitty

Also a good point. The ball detent. Almost forgot about that.

As long as mine hasn't shipped yet, I'd prefer it be handled before I get it.
I'd rather wait another 2 weeks than have to get it, send it back and wait again. I am not sure in what stage some of them are in, so this may not be possible.

Not a huge ordeal, but a hassle nonetheless.

It is my understanding that the knives were finished weeks ago, and we were just waiting on packaging.

I can't see how this wasn't noticed before shipment but I'm not going to place judgement either.

Nothing we can do at this point besides ask for a refund or let it vett out . . .

I'm disappointed to say the least but I'll save opinion until I see mine and get to handle it.

That's how I feel about it but my patience is wearing thin. I'm not into this knife for "collectabillity".

I bought an LE because I liked the basic concept and it's not covered in logos or graphics. I also like the fact that it was manufactured by Lion Steel thinking that would ensure a quality design.

The thing I like the least is that to my eye, the blade looks relatively short when compared to the handle length. That and the deep belly profile of the blade. That deep belly may be part of the problem. Maybe more of a spear point by shallowing the belly and dropping the point slightly would have avoided the problem? I don't know, I don't design knives I just buy 'em.

Like I said, I'll wait and see for myself but I'm close to bailing on the whole thing.

I'm not concerned about it at this point as the handle protects the blade point. Thanks for the offer of a fix and tuneup at some point (if it ever is a problem) RYP.

Any word from Gianni/Lion Steel on this situation?

Somebody asked for their impression (in the Lionsteel forum), no response yet. I'd suggest keeping an eye on the LionSteel forum...:thumbup:

Somebody asked for their impression (in the Lionsteel forum), no response yet. I'd suggest keeping an eye on the LionSteel forum...:thumbup:

Yes, I just saw that...With something as intricate as this folder, I'm afraid this won't be an easy or affordable fix, if it will be a fix at all. I won't speculate further, I'll leave that to others:D

was just looking at the production model photos from Lunde's page at Shot show, I cant tell if its just a shadow or the same issue..thoughts?

http://lundestudio.com/2011SHOTShow/Day1/2011shotshow-01182011-02.jpg

His photos are where I first noticed it....though I didnt comment until I saw this photo..

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9201698#post9201698

Of course, I chalked it up to the angle, because there was NO WAY that they would ship like that...

I wouldn't speculate. The knives will be as specced, customers will be happy. Tripton what number knife do you have?

Is anyone else having issues with the rotoblock? mine wont engage when i use the fast deployment(bottle opener) no matter how i pull it out. the lock itself is very stiff to engage by itself manually

at this point i don't see it being that big of an issue, do you guys fear it would open when trying to slide it inside your pocket ? when mine arrives i think it will be just fine....

Is anyone else having issues with the rotoblock? mine wont engage when i use the fast deployment(bottle opener) no matter how i pull it out. the lock itself is very stiff to engage by itself manually

I don't think they were designed to auto engage when using the wave method of opening...it just happened.

Personally I think it is a good thing if it doesn't auto engage. Even though I don't really see myself using the wave feature that much, it would be a pain to have to turn the rotoblock everytime I wanted to put the knife away.

As the for blade sticking out...well I am just going to crazy glue the rotoblock and have the first LE fixed HEST :D. Much safer.

This could explain why some of us got a shipping notice 6 days ago, and the knives still haven't shipped. It is possible that at some point whoever was inspecting the knives realized this problem.
I agree with Tripton, how could these knives make it to customers like this? I don't get it.

I also don't see a different stop pin fixing the problem. Replacing the stop pin would affect the mechanics of the knife fo sho.

I don't think they were designed to auto engage when using the wave method of opening...it just happened.

Personally I think it is a good thing if it doesn't auto engage. Even though I don't really see myself using the wave feature that much, it would be a pain to have to turn the rotoblock everytime I wanted to put the knife away.

As the for blade sticking out...well I am just going to crazy glue the rotoblock and have the first LE fixed HEST :D. Much safer.

to be honest, im happy it doesnt auto engage, but i remember a post RYP made saying it will engage when using the deployment system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back