• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

EBAY Security Staff : Genuine vs Counterfeit (Pakistan/China) Rectitude YOUR OPINION ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reported this item to ebay staff as a COUNTERFEIT product : (wich is agains Ebay Rules)

SOG Bowie 2.0 Fixed Knife D2 Steel Blade Brown Leather Washers Handle
Ebay item # 235426447281
Ebay auction link here (click)

here ebay security staff reply :

Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found

We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy.

This determination was made by a customer service agent.

Your reference ID:

2- ******************

Here are the listings you reported that are included in this decision:

Item: 235426447281 SOG Bowie 2.0 Fixed Knife D2 Steel Blade Brown Leather Washers Handle

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.

Thanks,

eBay

What you think about EBAY Staff Rectitude now in 2024 ?
Did they act like this because of the sellers fees that they collect ..... ? $$$

What a good place to be in 2024 , we are heading the right path...

Your Opinion ?

BELOW PHOTO OF THE COUNTERFEIT vs GENUINE Made in Taiwan SOG bowie 2.0

s-l1600.jpg

S1T-L_product_alt_1__10609__55431.1579037225.jpg

S1T-L_use_lifestyle.jpg

1545186501_284_6.jpg

Last edited:
Reporting stuff is against the rules apparently also.
Ebay doesn't care as long as they get their cut.
Its organized crime on a whole new level.....
Most seriously
Type SOG bowie in the EBAY search engine or even RAMBO and you will be able to see the considerable number of items that are shipped from Pakistan or China...
ALL counterfeit that often even use company logo with ebay security staff doing ....nothing....

Most seriously
Type SOG bowie in the EBAY search engine or even RAMBO and you will be able to see the considerable number of items that are shipped from Pakistan or China...
ALL counterfeit that often even use company logo with ebay security staff doing ....nothing....
Many many other things also.....Winkler knives for one, and Gerber Strongarm fakes are everywhere on Ebay. They know whats going on and it meets the definition of wire fraud. Ebay is so big nobody will touch them. Everybody knows what going on. I don't see why the entire industry doesn't band together and do something as a whole....

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

"I don't see why the entire industry doesn't band together and do something as a whole...."

I believe that the big manufacturing companies have given up and thrown in the towel hence why many of them have sold to companies such as GSM OUTDOORS (SOG , COLD STEEL etc ) which have a bad reputation to downgrade the quality of the products without lowering the prices.

an infernal spiral
...The good old days are definitely behind us.

the ONLY FAIR STRAIGHT company still alive is Randall Knives (Florida) and i should order at least 1 blade from them shortly in order to know what it feel to handle a REAL knife before i pass away.

I only buy from a credible dealer that has fantastic customer service. I don't need to say which one as there are several.

Plus, I think to do is against the rules. [Correct me if I am wrong on this...]

I only buy from a credible dealer that has fantastic customer service. I don't need to say which one as there are several.

Plus, I think to do is against the rules. [Correct me if I am wrong on this...]
doing what is againts the rules ?

i reported several fake benchmade knives on the bay a few years ago, some of the obvious ones that don’t even look like real models. i got it in my head that ebay might actually give a damn, which it turns out wasn’t the case. honestly op did better than i did, i got no response from them at all. now i don’t bother anymore, it doesn’t seem to make a difference

the ONLY FAIR STRAIGHT company still alive is Randall Knives (Florida) and i should order at least 1 blade from them shortly in order to know what it feel to handle a REAL knife before i pass away.
Do it. You won’t regret it.

If an add uses a companies name or their logo or trademark, Ebay should have to clear the auction with the manufacturer. Or at the very least a manufacturer should be able to take down any auction that uses any of the above. No questions asked.

But I can also see how this system would be abused

Flippers scalpers and purveyors of fake goods have ruined every hobby. Its sad.

I think the next generations will stop collecting things. Part of me thinks they will be better off for it.

eBay doesn't really care, as long as it's a sale. I bought a Dyson hair dryer for my wife when eBay had a 25% off coupon. I made sure the seller was in the U.S. There weren't any red flags on the seller to make me believe it wasn't legitimate.

Get a tracking number showing the item is shipping from Hong Kong. When the item came, every I looked legit except for the power plug. It was different than the one pictured on the Dyson site. I entered the serial number into Dyson's online checker and it came back as a legit serial number, but the wrong color. Sent pictures to Dyson and they said it was a fake. Contacted eBay and they said I had to work with the seller to work it out.

After about 10 back and forth emails where the buyer kept on offering me an additional 10% off every time I asked for a refund, they agreed to refund the order.

They don't care unless the MANUFACTURER makes a complaint!!! Spyderco and Busse are the only ones I am aware of that care enough to actively pursue shutting down the counterfeits on the 'Bay and Big River site... :rolleyes: :poop:

A friend reported a fraudulent eBay listing and it was removed in a couple of hours. He had sold that same item a few months earlier, and the scammer used the photos from that listing to create a new listing for an item he did not even own.

My friend says this happens often. One guy bought a fake item only to find out it never existed in the hands of the seller.

Ive given up reporting fake CRK to eBay . There must be 30 of them posted right now.

LATEST UPDATE : (2024-03-17)

(Agent)--******, I really appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.
(Me) 3rd time now....
(Agent) please know that I shall surely forward these details to our policy team and ensure that this listing is actioned immediately.
(Agent) You have my word on that!
(Agent) Please know since there are millions of items being listed very minute on eBay hence it might take some time for our policy team to review the items.
(Agent) Please be rest assured that this shall be actioned as soon as possible.
(Me) You understand the situation , did you truly understand HOW this listing break ebay security rules about listing counterfeit item ? you see the blade quality difference isnt ? why it took me 3 times to report this ...?
(Agent) Yes ******, I can see that this item is in violation of eBay policies and completely understand this shall be reviewed on priority basis considering the seriousness of the issues.
(Me) Did i will get update about the situation via email ?
(Agent) *****We do not notify regarding the action taken on the report. However, For your reference, here’s the case number of your report: SR"1-****************" to serve as proof that everything is well documented and all records are in place. And I’d like to guarantee your anonymity for this report.
(Agent) Also, I am mentioning specific notes regarding this and forwarded this to our policy team on priority basis.

My recent reports to EBay met with the same response. No one reliant on money from the East is going to rock the boat until the US government steps in. So…

No point tilting at windmills. eBay always has been a counterfeit haven.

The photo you see could be the real thing but what you get might not. Some products are just not worth the risk.

If our government wanted to enforce the existing laws against this sort of thing they would. It seems they don't want to and I'll leave it up to you to wonder why that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back