Emerson Endeavor

Hello Steve -

I'm looking for a black low rider clip for my Emerson Endeavor. Right hand, tip up carry.

The thing is, I'm wondering if you may be able to make holes in it that run the length of the clip.

I'd like just three holes, the top one bring the largest, next a bit smaller, then the third hole the smallest. Size of holes left to your judgement. Even small ones would be cool. Or if varying sizes would be a nightmare - all three the same size would be fine with me.

Then bevel the hole edges so they aren't sharp.

Is this something doable? Or are you on the floor laughing at this dumb guy asking for such stuff? I just think it would give a bit of personal flavor is all.

Let me know if its possible and what would be due and I can paypal.

Thanks so much and God bless!

Joe

Hello Steve -

I'm looking for a black low rider clip for my Emerson Endeavor. Right hand, tip up carry.

The thing is, I'm wondering if you may be able to make holes in it that run the length of the clip.

I'd like just three holes, the top one bring the largest, next a bit smaller, then the third hole the smallest. Size of holes left to your judgement. Even small ones would be cool. Or if varying sizes would be a nightmare - all three the same size would be fine with me.

Then bevel the hole edges so they aren't sharp.

Is this something doable? Or are you on the floor laughing at this dumb guy asking for such stuff? I just think it would give a bit of personal flavor is all.

Let me know if its possible and what would be due and I can paypal.

Thanks so much and God bless!

Joe

Joe I've done them similar as described. I've only done them like that on two knives, both of which I had permission in writing to do and they are pictured here and in my blogger shown here. Howard Viele owns the registered trademark for the three holes. (see below)http://www.strsbackyardknifeworks.blogspot.com/2010/10/sod-busstr-frame-lock.html For the amount of work involved I simply don't do these but on customs only and honestly I've quit making knives also. For clips and other jobs including modifications I stopped taking on custom jobs of all kinds late 2012 and have not looked back. I no longer modify or use any drilling or tapping stuff other than one or two small sizes for making the holes in my clips. I just stick with my pocket clips for factory drilled folders mostly consisting of about ten popular folders using a multitude of clip patterns fitting very popular knives. Between those orders for knives using the top clip patterns in the industry and the pry bars I really have all I want to do and all I can handle as a one man shop. For the type of clip you are wanting the amount of marking, drilling, marking and drilling for a one time project is not really even feasible for charging for because in the time it would take me to do all that mapping out the holes the way I'd have to do it I could do six other clips and have them out the door. Those kind of clips are generally mapped out on a CAD program or computer DXfile of some sort that allows one to simply come up with that in a relatively quick way to mass produce a sheet of them all the same. But with this said to use the pattern you suggest one would first need to obtain written permission from Howard Viele, the knife maker who owns the registered trademark using the three holes you are wanting.

Oh, absolutely no problem. I understand fully. Can I get a matte black low ride clip to fit my endeavor then? That will be fine! Let me know the amount due and I'll get the Paypal enroute.

Thanks for your time and your most reasonable explanation. It should have dawned on me the actual amount of work something like my request would entail. I know you have a ton on your plate already. The curse of bring a good craftsman! Ha! PS - I really enjoyed your piece of checking for lock rock. Quite informative. I've always felt a spine whack was a bad idea.

Joe

Can't get black or red. Its all in the link thanks
STR

Well I guess if there's no black that solves that issue. I'll have to scout around to see what's out there. Shame, I really wanted one if yours as they're great. I just think of a color that would match if it isn't black. Suggestions?

Appreciate your time. I know how swamped you are!

Joe

Back