Exo availability?

Any word on when these will be available in the retail channel again? So far it looks like only scammers are trying to resell them to me :(

They should be available at the end of June according to my contact at Reate.

The US dealers like Cranes Cutlery should be getting a lot of them. Im not sure if they have a pre order list or if they put them all on their website on one single day. It’s worth calling and see how the various Reate dealers sell them.

USD$277 is the Reate recommended price for them.

I could probably have sold another 100 EXOs if I wanted to they are in such high demand.

Hope you score one.

Still can't find one and Reate doesn't respond here, to FB posts or messages, or email. Doesn't engender me with warm fuzzies for the brand.

If there has been a drop to retail I have totally missed it but it sure seems like there hasn't been anything released to the channel to date.

Smokey Mountain Knife Works sold 600 Special Edition modes a couple of weeks ago.

Cranes did have some with wood inlays recently too.

You'll have to excuse Reate for not responding to your messages - the sales rep who normally handles all that had a baby recently and has been in hospital several times in the past month due to complications. She is a key member of the team and it has slowed them down quite a lot. As a dealer it's been hard for me to get them to reply recently.

I believe they are trying to ship the standard run of EXOs to dealers this week.

Thank you True Talon - I reached out to Cranes and they had a few more in stock, ordered one up just now. They weren't listed earlier when I posted but it looks like they added a few to the online inventory after my email convo.

Just arrived and... I love it. Was able to smoothly open and close it immediately and boy is it a fidgeter if you want it to be. I'm married and would like to remain so, so just a few drops for now. The blade has about the same amount of slack as my Axial OTF when deployed and doesn't bother me, it does rattle a bit when closed. Better blade to handle ratio vs the Axial, about .5" more blade for same overall length and size.

The Exo is a chunky design but it feels really nice in my hand, I could see using it quite often. The design is a bit of a mind warp for me though, I kept thinking I was going to slice my hand open retracting the blade - but that's basically impossible with a normal grip, I think it's because you can see the blade as it drops through your hand my monkey brain goes "oh no!" even though the blade is enclosed by the handle.

The only "negative" is due to how easy it is to deploy I need to keep special watch so my 5yr old son doesn't try to play with it, the Axial he will never be able to deploy (hell sometimes I have to two hand it) so I can be a *little* more careless about leaving it on my desk (in my office behind a locked gate) when he wanders in to chat.

Thanks again True Talon True Talon for pointing me towards Cranes who I was unfamiliar with, definitely happy I pursued this one.

Reate was not even on my radar. I'm a fanboy of another brand. But after seeing a video of the Exo, and hearing how people couldn't get one, I HAD to get one. It had to be a tanto, and either fancy micarta or ironwood. Now that I have it in my hands, it's a NEAT knife. It's entirely possible that another Reate might someday find its way into my pocket.

Want to bump this as I would really like to have this knife.
There should be a fair few popping up on the second hand market by now and I see them frequently on the Exchange here.

Even where I am, where there's a limited number we have sold (less than 200) they are appearing on the second hand market. They still sell fast though.

There should be a fair few popping up on the second hand market by now and I see them frequently on the Exchange here.

Even where I am, where there's a limited number we have sold (less than 200) they are appearing on the second hand market. They still sell fast though.
I'm hesitant on buying from the second hand market. I have seen alot of fake knives being sold.

It's Christmas, so wishing yall the best as we focus on Jesus and His Word!

If still relevant for anyone searching, I just pre-ordered from True Talon the Exo in Tanto and flamed Titanium, and should be shipping sometime next month.

It's Christmas, so wishing yall the best as we focus on Jesus and His Word!

If still relevant for anyone searching, I just pre-ordered from True Talon the Exo in Tanto and flamed Titanium, and should be shipping sometime next month.
Thanks for the push. :)

I wasn't actually intending to reveal these just yet - but I guess it's time.

This is a custom EXO run that Reate just finished for us a few days ago, with -
Shred Carbon Fiber inlays
Grey or Tiger Stripe handles
3V steel blades with stonewash finish and satin flats
Tanto or drop point blade types
Custom Serial number prefix

And we should be receiving these shortly for shipping mid January.

Last edited:
Back