Fake Claymore?

Gizler00

Gold Member
So before Xmas, my wife wanted to get me a knife. She bought a Claymore off of a benchmade site that I thought was a fake site. I will try to get the link here soon.
Fast forward to today….and after cancelling the order….a knife shows up.

Here are the pictures of it. A few things that scream fake are the pocket clip finish. It looks painted and not black oxide.. the box label says blue class, but it’s in a black box….. the pivot screw looks weird and completely different from the stock photos….and the benchmade logo on the pocket clip and blade do not look right to me.

Let me know what you guys think.

36C9C4C3-7C7B-49AD-9739-DB1841428455.jpeg27FCD5C0-3E0D-4DC4-B4A8-518C5F11781F.jpegEA49A6F9-FE05-4887-8068-8C1359E1DC77.jpegE0C35875-E2B7-47A0-97B5-6893AF24F084.jpeg6404888E-DEF1-466A-B3D9-F9092D2D1EDB.jpegBF3E711A-CD71-46AB-A8F7-F3DD9AEB5847.jpegC3C22808-2AA4-4470-B23F-5D93E3B96150.jpeg13C03DAB-0251-496F-8211-02D84C1F6950.jpeg

Attachments

• 4C2492AD-9054-496A-8A12-87D74AF4D728.jpeg
    4C2492AD-9054-496A-8A12-87D74AF4D728.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
I have to say, your last pic gives me pause. All the product shots online have "U.S. MFG" with a space between the period and the M, whereas yours has "U.S.MFG" without a space.

I'll be curious to see what someone else with a Claymore in hand thinks.

I have to say, your last pic gives me pause. All the product shots online have "U.S. MFG" with a space between the period and the M, whereas yours has "U.S.MFG" without a space.

I'll be curious to see what someone else with a Claymore in hand thinks.

I Agree. Check out how weird the pivot bolt it also.

Mind sharing where you purchased this knife?
I will have to ask my wife. She purchased it somewhere online.

Edit…… I just asked her and it was benchmadestores.com. Now that website doesn’t even work….🤦🏻‍♂️

Looks just like mine that I bought at Blade Headquarters.
Would you mind posting pictures? Kind of like I did so I can compare? The more I carry this knife, and use it, I’m kind of torn on if it’s fake. I’m not so sure anymore. I ran it through its pieces with some cardboard and some wood and figured it would doll right away. And it is still razor sharp.

Last edited:
The one big thing that still throws me off is the pivot screw on mine.

Do you have a photo of the inside of the box?
I can get one after I get home from work. The other thing it is kind of weird to me is the bag that it came in. It doesn’t seem like the same type of bag that every other benchmade I have had came in.

Yeah, if it came in a plastic bag, it's fake. The striping on the box looks wrong, and as you stated, so does the clip. Also, the blue class in a black class box. Curious - what does the foam look like inside the box?

ICANN whois lookup for benchmadestores.com : Kalkofnsvegur 2, Reykjavik, Capital Region, 101, IS (Iceland)

Site is no longer working probably because someone at Benchmade got wind of the phony site.

The real Benchmade site is in Oregon City, Oregon as shown by ICANN whois lookup.

I see claymore clones you can buy
on DHgate or Ali express for $27

Looks like a clone to me, easy way to spot clones in the interior of the box, styrafoam is cheap looking and and not large cell like real benchmade.
and if the knife came wrapped in plastic. also how hard and stiff the action is and
the cloth bag, how it feels, more elastic and the plastic tassel cones on the cloth bag are different
shape than the real deal.
DB4731ED-97D4-44AF-BE1C-A4A44035CA65.jpeg

Last edited:
I will have to ask my wife. She purchased it somewhere online.

Edit…… I just asked her and it was benchmadestores.com. Now that website doesn’t even work….🤦🏻‍♂️

Would you mind posting pictures? Kind of like I did so I can compare? The more I carry this knife, and use it, I’m kind of torn on if it’s fake. I’m not so sure anymore. I ran it through its pieces with some cardboard and some wood and figured it would doll right away. And it is still razor sharp.
I just got a Claymore from Blade HQ today and it’s very slow to open and when it does the blade doesn’t go all the way up. My first thought was , “I hope it’s not a clone”
I’ve written Blade HQ and Benchmade. I have two other Benchmade autos and they fire open quickly.

I just got a Claymore from Blade HQ today and it’s very slow to open and when it does the blade doesn’t go all the way up. My first thought was , “I hope it’s not a clone”
I’ve written Blade HQ and Benchmade. I have two other Benchmade autos and they fire open quickly.

The one I have fires open so hard it will fly out of your hand if not careful. Mine has distinguishing marks on it that make it a fake. Such as the Morse code and the pivot screw head. Other than that…. It’s very hard to tell. Sometimes I’m still not convinced it’s fake

After reading the comments about the foam and other tell tales mine probably is real but it’s sure not working correctly. Thanks for posting.

I had a CLA that did this, sometimes it would lock open and sometimes it would not make it all the way. I adjusted the pivot screw a little (I seem to remember maybe it was too loose) but that fixed it and never had another problem.

Back