Recommendation? Favorite pants with a knife pocket?

I normally wear Wrangler jeans, and I will be looking to their Riggs line for my set few sets. Mostly for their "tape measure" patch being used as a spot for my knife...
leather_tape_riggs_400x400.jpeg
I do not know if the patch wraps around and extends within the pocket.

Attachments

• DSC07438.jpg
    DSC07438.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 14
I normally wear Wrangler jeans, and I will be looking to their Riggs line for my set few sets. Mostly for their "tape measure" patch being used as a spot for my knife...
View attachment 817688
I do not know if the patch wraps around and extends within the pocket.

I have four pair of Wrangler Riggs Contractor jeans. Not Carpenter jeans but they have those too. The Leather patch only wraps around about 1/4 inch and it's double stitched. The watch pocket is huge which I like. It allows me to carry almost any knife I own horizontally in the watch pocket.

I don't use pocket clips myself but the leather patch does add some thickness to the top of the pocket where it wraps around. It might take a little getting used to if you are accustomed to having thin material to clip your knife to.

The only thing that I don't like about the Riggs jeans is that the front pockets are very deep. I have short arms and they are too deep for me so I have my wife sew them up to a more comfortable depth. They are fantastic jeans otherwise and I highly recommend them.

I have four pair of Wrangler Riggs Contractor jeans. Not Carpenter jeans but they have those too. The Leather patch only wraps around about 1/4 inch and it's double stitched. The watch pocket is huge which I like. It allows me to carry almost any knife I own horizontally in the watch pocket.

I don't use pocket clips myself but the leather patch does add some thickness to the top of the pocket where it wraps around. It might take a little getting used to if you are accustomed to having thin material to clip your knife to.

The only thing that I don't like about the Riggs jeans is that the front pockets are very deep. I have short arms and they are too deep for me so I have my wife sew them up to a more comfortable depth. They are fantastic jeans otherwise and I highly recommend them.
I have, on more than one occasion, referred to my arms as being "T-Rex arms", primarily due to length (or lack thereof)...

Good to know, thanks.

Tactical distributor Carlos rays are excellent. Not tactical looking at all. They have reinforced pockets (front and back).

NOTHING wrong with deep front pockets. In fact, I require them.... I pocket carry my firearms, and this necessitates a deep pocket. I wear Duluth Trading Co. pants.... they qualify.

You cannot beat Arborwear pants! They are extremely durable and are very functional for the outdoors. They also have a nice pocket on the thigh I use for a knife. Check them out if you haven't.

Kitanica. Great pants. Lots of pockets. I have a few pair of ASP model. Have a look

TAD Recon and Intercept pants have a great pocket setup. Riggs, 5.11 and Duluth are also great pants that I wear frequently

I would say Levi's, but have found the brass rivets on the pockets will quickly leave marks on any coated blade spine when removing it from your pocket.

I like TAD pants, with their reinforced pockets for your folder:
jeans.jpg

Their 'Intercept' pants have extra rear pockets at the 4:00 & 8:00 positions (respectively), which are great for folders, Hanks, multitools or other EDC carry items:
TAD-Intercept-Denim-Hidden-Pocket-Detail.jpg

Like any TAD stuff, they seem overpriced, but the quality and design are great. They come in a variety of materials and colors as well, though most of their stuff is made in limited runs/batches.

Kitanica. Great pants. Lots of pockets. I have a few pair of ASP model. Have a look

I was just browsing the Kitanica site and really liked one of their jackets. Then I saw it was $670...... Get the fuck outta here. The pants are $120-$200. I like the RSP which has ripstop fabric and a nice pocket setup. Im tempted to buy a pair just out of curiosity. Companies like this and Crye Precision are best suited for military operators and contractors who don't have to buy their own gear, lol. Shit is so damn expensive and over priced. Pretty cool none the less, and I may end up grabbing a pair anyways.

The $50 TruSpec pants and shorts have served me well and hold up, I'm good with them for multiple buys

Last edited:
The only pants I wear with dedicated knife pockets are Tru-Spec 24/7 (which I have a few, and really like for cheap cargo pants) and the Condor tactical pants, but the pants I wear and like the most are the Vertx Phantom or original pants or the LAPG Atlas or Urban Recon pants. While none of them have dedicated knife pockets the main pockets all have reinforced spots for knives and the Vertx ones have horizontal edges at the corner of the pocket for added knife space.

The Vertx also have discreet non-velcro'd side pockets that lay flat and are easy to miss, so less obviously cargo pants than most, and the LAPG Atlas pants have zippered side pockets that also lay flat and are honestly the most comfortable pants I've worn so far.

All of them can be found for under $50, and have lasted me as long as I've worn them (up to 3 years per pair).

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd post anyway. I discovered a couple of pants recently. The north Face Sprag and the Khul Radikl. Check 'em out!

LAPG Journeyman
Duluth Flex Fire hose and their Flex Ballroom relaxed fit jeans.

I'm unsure of the meaning of "knife pocket", but I don't believe the jeans have a separate knife pocket. I guess it depends on what knife you're carrying and what is your preferred style and location of carry.

Kitanica----- Raider pants, ASP & RSP are all top notch!!!!!

1620 is also top quality...... Excellent guarantee and Customer support

Viktos has some nice stuff and Duluth Trading as well....

First two are\ were all USA made from what I recall.....

Back