Galyean Pro Series Junkyard Dawgs!!

I am pleased to introduce a new line of knives from the Galyean shop. Galyean Pro Series knives are a production knife made in my shop, by me, with very little manufacturing outsourced. Keeping most of the manufacturing in house allows me to offer a custom quality knife at an affordable price. Pro Series knives are a mix of high technology machining methods and hand fit/finishing.

Each knife has a unique serial number on the back handle, making every knife one-of-a-kind. With the introduction of the Junkyard Dawg as the first design in the Galyean Pro Series, I am giving each collector who purchases a JYD the first option to purchase the same size and number knife in the next design in the series (i.e., Lahar or MOAB). Numbers and designs will be recorded and you'll be notified by email when the next design is ready.

Ordering Info:
If you would like to purchase a knife please send me an email tjgalyean@hotmail.com telling me which size (or a set) knife you would like. Include your shipping address and which payment method you are going to use.

I will accept PayPal +3% tjgalyean@hotmail.com, Money Order, or Bank Check. No personal checks unless I have done business with you in the past, or I know who you are.

Knives will be shipped USPS Priority on me. If you would like to use another carrier, shipping is on your dime and your responsibility.

Since I am a one man show, please keep phone calls to a minimum. Email is really the best way to get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Tim Galyean.

3" and 3.75" Version together

PSJYD8.jpg

3" Version

PSJYD5.jpg

PSJYD6.jpg

PSJYD7.jpg

Specs:

Pro Series Small Junkyard Dawg
Blade Steel: CPM154CM 61-62RC
Blade Thickness: 0.150"
Blade Grind: CNC Flat ground
Blade Finish: Stonewash/polish
Handle: 6AL4V Titanium frame lock, .130" thick with anodized "Bomber Markings"
Pivot: Heat treated polished 416 pivot (6-64 thread) with IKBS bearing system
Clip: 6AL4V Titanium, handles drilled for tip up/tip down carry.
Standoffs: Polished 6AL4V, anodized blue.
Screws: Nickel plated stainless
Size: 7" OAL, 4" Closed, 3" Blade
Weight: 3.5 oz.
Price: $350

3.75" Version

PSJYD1.jpg

PSJYD2.jpg

PSJYD3.jpg

Specs:

Pro Series Large Junkyard Dawg
Blade Steel: CPM154CM 61-62RC
Blade Thickness: 0.150"
Blade Grind: CNC Flat ground
Blade Finish: Stonewash/polish
Handle: 6AL4V Titanium frame lock .150" thick with anodized "Bomber Markings"
Pivot: Heat treated polished 416 pivot (6-64 thread) with IKBS bearing system
Clip: 6AL4V Titanium, handles drilled for tip up/tip down carry.
Standoffs: Polished 6AL4V, anodized blue.
Screws: Nickel plated stainless
Size: 8 5/8" OAL, 5" Closed, 3 3/4" Blade
Weight: 5.7 oz.
Price: $400

Last edited:
Man, let me know if you are going to offer a run of them in S30V - I'm sure the forum members would love a crack at them.

That said, these look BAD ASS!!!!

Lookin' Good!I like the new pocket clip design:thumbup:

Last edited:
These do look fantastic, Tim. Congrats on getting your own forum, and good luck with these. I would love to grab a small one for my pops, who LOVES his Kershaw version. We'll see what happens...

Jason

Wow...these are outstanding. The Pro Series is a great idea Tim:thumbup:

Congrats on your makers forum Tim. As a huge huge fan of the JYD and JYDII you did for Kershaw I am really excited to start saving for one of the 3" models. Beautiful work with these knives. How long are these going to be offered? I'll have to start saving immediately.

Outsourcing parts of a knife or any other merchandise is really a great way of having less fortunate people like me own knives I could never normally could afford. I see no difference as long as the maker sees everything as it is put together. Great idea Tim, and more power to you !!

Just an update on shipping. For everyone who has placed an order and I have received payment, your knife will ship tomorrow unless you have told me to hold shipment. I will be emailing you all as well.

Thanks!

Tim

Nice blade grind and shape. This looks like a promising project.

Looking forward to the Lahar.

I take it the 035 and 023 in the pictures are the serial number system. That's too cool. :thumbup:

'007'.....and all that number that follow......is, as Spark sez, BAD ASS!

Got it today buddy, thanks again and congrats on your endeavor. :cool:

tim...these look awesome....for those that don't know(like me:D).....how many of each knife r u gonna make?....and i hear alot about the ikbs....what is it-where did it come from and why is it so good?.....thanks for any info.....thisis a great way to get quality knives in people's hands.....ryan:thumbup:

tim...these look awesome....for those that don't know(like me:D).....how many of each knife r u gonna make?....and i hear alot about the ikbs....what is it-where did it come from and why is it so good?.....thanks for any info.....thisis a great way to get quality knives in people's hands.....ryan:thumbup:

IKBS is the Ikoma-Korth bearing system, developed by Brazillian knife makers Flavio Ikoma and Rick Lala. They used it first to make amazing-flipping balisongs, and have implemented it well in folders as well.

Now they have begun licensing other makers to use their system, but those makers must demonstrate profficiency/efficacy by presenting an example of their work to the originators for examination and acceptance.

'007'.....and all that number that follow......is, as Spark sez, BAD ASS!

Got it today buddy, thanks again and congrats on your endeavor. :cool:

Hey Dudley...how the hell do you pull this off, man? You are a real knife-collecting goon;

"Gimme the 7's or I'll take all your pinkies...toes, too."

;) :D

Back