Getting a couple ZTs have some ????

Just traded some stuff for a 0700 and a 0350. first whats the overall impressions long term on the 0700? Second with the 0350 is it smooth de-assisted? Is the detent enough to flip it without wrist action? I can not wait to get them. Sadly wont be till monday:( I love the ZTs I own (0550,0561) there super smooth though much different from the models I have coming hence the questions... Thank you guys in advance as BF members always seem to be helpfull. to say the least.... Dan

The 0350 works perfectly without the speedsafe and all you have to use is your finger. As for the 0700 my dad has one and he's taken it to work with him many times and he's had it for almost a year it's held up very well. In my opinion the 0700 is not the best flipper in the world the 0350 is miles ahead of it when it comes to the action.

The 0350 works perfectly without the speedsafe and all you have to use is your finger. As for the 0700 my dad has one and he's taken it to work with him many times and he's had it for almost a year it's held up very well. In my opinion the 0700 is not the best flipper in the world the 0350 is miles ahead of it when it comes to the action.

Thank you, great to hear on the 0350. Does the 0700 flip out or does it need wrist action?

Pretty much every knife needs a break in period.

Not fixed blades ;) I know what you are saying. I have had few knives that needed no break in time. That said from what I have seen on YT they seem to need wrist action. was wondering if that works itself out or not?

Not fixed blades ;) I know what you are saying. I have had few knives that needed no break in time. That said from what I have seen on YT they seem to need wrist action. was wondering if that works itself out or not?
You shouldn't wrist flick any knife. It'll work it self out in time.

Have both, I find the blade shape more practical on the 0350 for my use but both are completely capable of anything you throw at them within reason. Long term the 0700 should hold up just as well as the 0350, like most zt knives it is a tank. It will be a little stiff as all new knives are but will break in nicely. It took the right technique but I could flip my 0700 new without any wrist action, if you feel the need for it you can turn your wrist slightly like you are opening a doorknob while flipping, this will add momentum without the excess of a wrist flick.

Ok, thank you for the info... I like the blade shape on both. The 0700 is the only tanto I have been drawn towards.

I think speedsafe is the best part about the 0350!

IDK I guess im weird, but I just love a manual knife. Mostly because I dislike how they close one handed. Sometimes they rattle too. I know that mostly had to do with not having enough grease around the torsion bar in the case of my cryo. The cryo was smooth de-assisted, but had zero detent.

Got them today here LOVE them both are great knives. Smoother on the 350, but the 0700 flicks open well enough for me to carry. Both will get some pocket time:D

Back