GIVEAWAY: APO/FPO ONLY - Spyderco Tenacious C122GPGR

GIVEAWAY!

Around Christmastime, I won an eBay auction from seller thereminfire1 for a lefty Spyderco Military, a now-discontinued gem that I once owned and foolishly sold years ago. My new professional circumstances now call for such a slim, light, concealable, and lengthy tool, so I was excited to finally find one.

The seller shipped promptly with my correct DPO shipping address. Weeks later, when I asked him about tracking, he replied with a friendly and helpful email immediately offering to make it right. Further investigation revealed that the package, unbeknownst to us, had been misrouted to Paraguay.

The Millie showed up in my mail call a few days later, but not before the seller -- completely unsolicited -- had sent me a NIB green Tenacious, with a kind note about spending the holidays overseas in service to our country.

My work is hard and rewarding -- it involves protecting our diplomatic assets and personnel in a breathtaking assortment of 3rd world dustholes. It can be dangerous. However, I am a diplomat, accompanied by my wife. This work and life is simply amazing, unexpectedly like a movie -- sometimes Bond, Bourne, Argo, or Clancy, not uncommonly Raiders of the Lost Ark or The Gods Must Be Crazy, but mostly just a bad episode of Miami Vice. In fact, I really do need to go get into my tux in just a few minutes. Therefore, I've never felt right accepting Jared's generous gift intended for a real servicemember.

I am passing this one forward, but in the original spirit of his gesture, I will only ship to APO/FPO shipping addresses, to a man or woman in uniform who is really out there away from family, doing the hard work every day/night, who could use a reliable, practical tool like this. Your post number is your entry. On May 1 I will use random.org to determine a winner. If the winner is unresponsive or cannot provide an APO/FPO shipping address, then I will generate another winner.

Needless to say, have no worries bidding or dealing with thereminfire1. A stand up guy!

Good luck!

Back