Got my first Galyean!

Got my first Galyean today! Large JYD in the DLC coating. Got it second hand, with a few rub marks, which is fine with me, as I use all my knives anyway. A few strokes on the sharpmaker and this thing was crazy sharp! I run my own business and UPS brought me a bunch of big boxes today, a couple were real heavily made cardboard shipping ones from Italy (I sell Uberti made cowboy guns from Italy). Did quite a bit of cutting opening all that stuff and the JYD is still very sharp.
Very impressed with the lock up, finish, and smoothness. IKBS is amazing. The ergonomics are amazing (for my size hands anyway) Just perfect all around I would say. I've had some high end folders before, but kinda strayed away from them back to cheaper production stuff as they just didn't feel like $300-400 worth of knife for me, but this one does. Keep up the good work Tim! :)

Here are some quick shots I took, didn't have time for anything fancy, but you get the idea....

JYD1.jpg

JYD2.jpg

JYD3.jpg

I think this one will age well, it looks tough and industrial from the start, so some wear to the finish doesn't look out of place like it does on something more polished and fancy from the get go. These knives are just too nice to leave sit in the safe anyway, heck with that!

Last edited:
Very glad to hear you're happy with it!:thumbup: Tim has been putting out some extremely nice pieces with his Pro Series line. I have the large JYD and the Lahar. I would have loved to have one of the all black TNK (I think) models, but I've had too many knives on my short list to splurge.

How about some pics of the all black model;)

Congrats!! You got yourself a mighty fine knife! I have a small blue Lahar myself. I look forward to seeing your pix.

Back