Ground breaking on the new Hanson Knives shop began!

Scott Hanson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
It's been a long and, incredibly insane haul up until now, with tons of overtime shifts, red tape to cut through to get to this point. But the build got approved, the contractors got lined up, and the project has now finally begun. We'er hoping to have this done by the end of June. I'm also in the process of fixing up a rental property to put on the market for sale as soon as I get my shop moved over to the new building. The shop I'm in now is behind the rental property so I'm stuck until the new shop is finished, once done I should have some pretty clear sailing a head, I hope.lol

Honestly, I don't think the dust will settle on this whole project until next spring. But we'll just have to see how things go I guess.

IMG_7163.jpegIMG_7168.jpegIMG_7167.jpegIMG_7169.jpeg

It's been a long and, incredibly insane haul up until now, with tons of overtime shifts, red tape to cut through to get to this point. But the build got approved, the contractors got lined up, and the project has now finally begun. We'er hoping to have this done by the end of June. I'm also in the process of fixing up a rental property to put on the market for sale as soon as I get my shop moved over to the new building. The shop I'm in now is behind the rental property so I'm stuck until the new shop is finished, once done I should have some pretty clear sailing a head, I hope.lol

Honestly, I don't think the dust will settle on this whole project until next spring. But we'll just have to see how things go I guess.

View attachment 2562110View attachment 2562111View attachment 2562112View attachment 2562113
Oh brother that's exciting, I hope all the red tape is behind the project and things go smoothly!

Congratulations on breaking ground. It will be fun watching as you progress.

Oh brother that's exciting, I hope all the red tape is behind the project and things go smoothly!

Congrats! :thumbsup:
Thanks guys! It was a ton of red tape, several building requests and ARB ( Architectural Review Board ) meetings later I finally got the go ahead on the permits to start the build. So now things will be getting under way. Once this building is done, I move my shop and sell the rental place and it should be down hill from there, I hope.lol

What would go through my head when I heard the truck pull up....

That's exciting Scott, the thought of a new shop tickles me to no end! I'm happy for you buddy!
Thanks John, I can't wait till it's done and the other place is sold, then I can get on with my life as normal again.

Am I seeing a big double door/small garage door in the back corner? That's handy.

Back