Off Topic Hello everyone!

Hello, my name is CrustaceanSensation. I just joined and can’t wait to interact with the community. With that being said, like to get to know all of you. So, what do you guys and gals carry and why? What’s your favorite type of knife? And what got you into knives in the first place?

For me I carry a Bear Ops Bear Song 8 Balisong (3.75 in), it’s a great tool that can take a beating for a good price, a solid EDC for butterfly knife carriers. May not be as convenient as other knives, but I enjoy it lol.

My favorite type of knife is pretty obvious so I’ll go with my second favorite, which are folding knives, just reliable.

My dad got me into knives after I saw him using his giant S&W flip knife. After showing some interest he bought me my first knife, which was a cheap Kershaw along with a lesson on it being a tool, not a true self defense weapon. That’s for pepper spray lol.

Hope to get to know all of you as time passes!

Welcome to Bladeforums. Prepare to open your mind and empty your wallet.

I have a varied collection of folders, from $80 Civivi to $500 Biryukov. Fidget factor is a big deal for me, and I avoid G-10 handles, as well as plain titanium, like the plague.

Haven't had a balisong/butterfly knife in probably over 25 years. I lost the one I had as a teen, and they have never really drawn my interest since. Last August I played with a Kershaw Lucha at a knife show, but it was just too heavy for me.

Check out the EDC thread for picks of what everyone carries. Today I have a Zero Tolerance 0470 with stars and stripes anodization.

Good morning and welcome!!!
Prepare to see more stuff that you never knew you wanted\needed!!!!!
I carry a fixed blade and two folders daily....
I post pics in the EDC thread and the fixed & folder thread.....The latter is linked below!!!

Welcome 😁

I carry all manner of knives, but most days I have settled on a large folder and a multi tool. The sizes and brands change, but those two things usually get me through I need to cut/fix.

Today it's a Cold Steel Hold Out 1 with a 6" blade and a Leatherman P4 tool.

Balisongs are a lot of fun and more practical than many realize. It's funny, I have a Benchmade Balisongs that was over $400, a Lucha that came in around $120, but my favorite one to mess around with is my Schrade Manilla Folder. $80 rattle box of heavy steel handles and pinned construction. I just like the way it feels.

Welcome to the forum!

I like to carry folding "one hand opening" knives, but always have a Victorinox Waiter in my front left pocket.
I do have a Kershaw Lucha, but I have zero flipping skills.
I also enjoy fixed blade knives and own way too many knives overall.

Good to have you here and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to Bladeforums. Prepare to open your mind and empty your wallet.

I have a varied collection of folders, from $80 Civivi to $500 Biryukov. Fidget factor is a big deal for me, and I avoid G-10 handles, as well as plain titanium, like the plague.

Haven't had a balisong/butterfly knife in probably over 25 years. I lost the one I had as a teen, and they have never really drawn my interest since. Last August I played with a Kershaw Lucha at a knife show, but it was just too heavy for me.

Check out the EDC thread for picks of what everyone carries. Today I have a Zero Tolerance 0470 with stars and stripes anodization.
I’m ready to learn a lot lol. Always good to expand and grow with your favorite hobbies. And I’ll definitely check out the EDC thread, always loved knowing what others like to use since there’s so many options. Thank you!

Good morning and welcome!!!
Prepare to see more stuff that you never knew you wanted\needed!!!!!
I carry a fixed blade and two folders daily....
I post pics in the EDC thread and the fixed & folder thread.....The latter is linked below!!!

Wow! Those look amazing. Never carried a fixed blade before, how is it compared to folders or other compact knives?

Wow! Those look amazing. Never carried a fixed blade before, how is it compared to folders or other compact knives?

Smaller fixed blades are all the rage now!!! Personally, I like bigger blades but have a look in the makers for sale threads.....link below!!!

Welcome 😁

I carry all manner of knives, but most days I have settled on a large folder and a multi tool. The sizes and brands change, but those two things usually get me through I need to cut/fix.

Today it's a Cold Steel Hold Out 1 with a 6" blade and a Leatherman P4 tool.

Balisongs are a lot of fun and more practical than many realize. It's funny, I have a Benchmade Balisongs that was over $400, a Lucha that came in around $120, but my favorite one to mess around with is my Schrade Manilla Folder. $80 rattle box of heavy steel handles and pinned construction. I just like the way it feels.
Hi!

Leatherman tools have been my brother's go to for a long time. Super reliable.

Super cool that you have a Benchmade balisong, been saving up for one and can’t wait. Does the Schrade Manilla flip nicely?

Does the Schrade Manilla flip nicely?
Well, yes and no. It's not a great balisong for tricks, which I don't do anyway. It's got very heavy handles and is pretty loosey goosey due to being pinned. However, it's a solid little cuss and reminds me of a better made "junk" balisong from back in the 1980s. I don't mean that as a knock against it.

I flip all of mine "Jedi" without the latch, and the Schrade latch has to be cut off to be removed.

Welcome to the forum!

I like to carry folding "one hand opening" knives, but always have a Victorinox Waiter in my front left pocket.
I do have a Kershaw Lucha, but I have zero flipping skills.
I also enjoy fixed blade knives and own way too many knives overall.

Good to have you here and I hope you enjoy the forum.
Thank you!

Victorinox Waiter is a classic. Kershaw Lucha is also a great balisong for flipping and EDC from personal experience.

Thank you again, and so far really enjoying the forums!

Smaller fixed blades are all the rage now!!! Personally, I like bigger blades but have a look in the makers for sale threads.....link below!!!

You can buy knives on here?! That’s awesome. Will most likely be spending majority of my time there LOL. Thank you so much for showing me this

Back