Help/advice getting a traditional knife from Aus to USA

SlipjointPolitiburo

Platinum Member
Is there anyone in this group that can assist, preferably with direct experience, getting a knife from Australia to America?

Would be ordered direct from the manufacturer and they require an Aussie shipping address.

I looked briefly at proxy services and the couple I found prohibit “weapons”. I figured I’d check in here to see if someone has already figured things out before I go down the rabbit hole….

Thank you kindly!

Alex

Is there anyone in this group that can assist, preferably with direct experience, getting a knife from Australia to America?

Would be ordered direct from the manufacturer and they require an Aussie shipping address.

I looked briefly at proxy services and the couple I found prohibit “weapons”. I figured I’d check in here to see if someone has already figured things out before I go down the rabbit hole….

Thank you kindly!

Alex

Is this a trick question?
Shipping to the US should not be a problem. I recently got a knife from Ben McLachlan at Stump Knives in Adelaide, South Australia. I ordered it, the USPS delivered it a couple weeks later, no questions.

FX56sTd.jpg
3FQw0nF.jpg

Is this a trick question?
Shipping to the US should not be a problem. I recently got a knife from Ben McLachlan at Stump Knives in Adelaide, South Australia. I ordered it, the USPS delivered it a couple weeks later, no questions.

FX56sTd.jpg
3FQw0nF.jpg
Did you read my post carefully? The manufacturer requires an Australian shipping address…and I live in America….

They won’t ship to an American address.

I recently sold a knife to an Australian man who used a USA-to-Australia shipping service. I shipped the knife to the service here in the States, and they shipped it to him. He buys a few knives from here, and when he’s ready, they ship it out to him

I reckon there’s a service like that in Australia as well. I found this real quick from a Google search. I bet you can find more

Ship it to one of these companies Aussie locations then they’ll ship to you

If a vendor won't do overseas shipping then it is a big problem, many US companies won't send to Europe. Perhaps some of the Australian members can offer advice?

Very unusual most makers here usually have no problems shipping to the US.
I know some dealers aren't willing to ship to certain countries as some US Dealers
There is no drama shipping traditionals.
I sent a package this week to the US with no problems.
I would suggest sending them an email direct, if you haven't already & ask if they will ship to you.

Very unusual most makers here usually have no problems shipping to the US.
I know some dealers aren't willing to ship to certain countries as some US Dealers
There is no drama shipping traditionals.
I sent a package this week to the US with no problems.
I would suggest sending them an email direct, if you haven't already & ask if they will ship to you.
It’s funny you suggested this as I just sent them a note…

I tried this approach last year from their location in Brazil and never got a response. Maybe the Aussies will be friendlier 😊🤞🏼

I recently sold a knife to an Australian man who used a USA-to-Australia shipping service. I shipped the knife to the service here in the States, and they shipped it to him. He buys a few knives from here, and when he’s ready, they ship it out to him

I reckon there’s a service like that in Australia as well. I found this real quick from a Google search. I bet you can find more

Ship it to one of these companies Aussie locations then they’ll ship to you
The main problem with this approach is many of these services don’t guarantee prices etc until it arrives at the shipper in-country. I’m a little paranoid that they’ll tack on fees or claim it’s an “weapon” and hold my items hostage. That’s why I’m hoping someone will chime in with direct experience using a service for a pocket knife.

Back