Off Topic Holiday snacks!

NWFRS

Gold Member
My wife managed to get an unprecedented three days off from work, leading into the weekend, and I just feel so fortunate to be drinking coffee together and looking out the windows.

What holiday drinks and snacks are you all rolling with? Would love to see some pics.

By any chance, is she a nurse!?!

My preference for snacks at the holidays...LOTS of chocolate, preferably DARK, cashews and some other nuts, LEFSE, pickled beets, sweet Gerkins, pretzels (DOTS are best!)

For beverages, Capt Morgan RUM and Jack Daniels (this year APPLE CIDER flavored!) either in Diet Mt Dew! For warm drinks, HOT CHOCOLATE!

P Plainsman

Lol. Pretty close! She’s a nuclear medicine technologist. They’ve all been running pretty ragged these last eighteen months.

Nice to hear you’re doing some chocolate and nuts as well! My wife is a chocolate fiend. Neither of us bake, so we buy all our goodies. This year we’ve tried a few of those Sicilian Panettone candied fruit loaves for the first time. (Which have been awesome) PepperidgeFarm orange Milano cookies and QueenAnne cherry cordials are among our regular favorite holiday snacks.

And coffee. Lots, and lots of coffee. :)

My wife is the baker of the family.
For Christmas she always does chocolate covered peanut butter balls, turtles(a half pecan pressed into a Rollo melted on a square grid pretzel), and sugar cookies.

Tonight I’m enjoying Four Roses and Coke. I’m usually a beer guy, but Yeah…I enjoy a bourbon from time to time, but have a hard time doing it over the rocks. A good bourbon and Coke does me good.
No pics of the goodies, but here’s a pic of the bourbon. Haha!

W0ilYBK.jpg

One of our go-to Christmas confectionary items is chocolate-peanut candy. Has peanuts, white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate. Slow cooked in a crock pot on low for 2 or 3 hours and then dipped out to cool on wax paper. We have an old crock pot uses ONLY use is the preparation of this treat. It has 5 heat settings and we use the lowest (#1). All the 2 newer crock pots we have only have 2 settings (low and high) and the low setting is too hot, causing the chocolate to burn.

I remember when the boxes of Queen Anne’s would be on sale for .99¢
A bargain to be sure!
I always eat too many and get a stomach ache. Haha
And there'd be 24 in a box!!! (Or even more when I was kid!) Now there is 10!
I opened two boxes tonight, one milk chocolate and one dark chocolate! LOL!!
We have chocolate oranges waiting to go into the stockings tomorrow night! Mine is DARK, of course! :)

view

My mother in law makes these with my youngest every year. They are saltine crackers dipped in chocolate then drizzled and sprinkled with other stuff. They are delicious. Salty sweet goodness.

Last edited:
My wife is the baker of the family.
For Christmas she always does chocolate covered peanut butter balls, turtles(a half pecan pressed into a Rollo melted on a square grid pretzel), and sugar cookies.

Tonight I’m enjoying Four Roses and Coke. I’m usually a beer guy, but Yeah…I enjoy a bourbon from time to time, but have a hard time doing it over the rocks. A good bourbon and Coke does me good.
No pics of the goodies, but here’s a pic of the bourbon. Haha!

W0ilYBK.jpg
We visited the Four Roses distillery back in the 2000s. Fun tour. Placed smelled amazing.

Back