How Do You Store Your Spydies?

I've been trying to find a knife roll for my Spydies ranging from a Worker up to a Military. All the rolls I've found are designed for traditional knives and the pockets aren't wide enough for Spydies. Any suggestions?

BTW, Sal, is there any chance of the 16 pocket Spyderco roll becoming available?

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Sal is still working on those knife rolls. In the interim you may want to try the products called "Sack- Ups". They are made of silicone treated cotton that is a bit stretchy (sort of ribbed knit). There is one model for holding 9 "tactical" size folders in individual pockets. They have a foldover flap that is secured by velcro dots. They can then be rolled up and tied with an attached set of laces. They can hold Spyderco Wayne Goddards, Enduras, Wegners,BM AFCKs, Strykers, etc. Really large folders such as my Crawford Kasper model is too tight a fit. But they retail for about $13 each. Call any of your favorite dealers and they should have them.

L8r,
Nakano

Thanks Nakano, do you have a model no. for the Sacks-Ups? I bought one from Top of Texas Knives awhile back but it would only fit traditional folders so I passed it on to a mate. I did like the material however, looked as though it would do a good job of protecting the knives.

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

[This message has been edited by Clay Kesting (edited 03-18-2000).]

Now that I've overflowed the footlocker I'm thinking of getting an electricians multicompartment aluminium suitcase - apparently there's various configurations available, it looks good and is lockable and there's a high ooh aahh factor when you open it
biggrin.gif

Clay, I just received my first large Spyderpak. The large model holds 32 knives . I can't remember how many the small one holds., but it is very well made and is not bulky at all. I have 3 more large ones and two small ones coming. If you can wait I think you will be more than happy with one.

Bobby Branton
www.brantonknives.com

------------------
AKTI member #1000
President SCAK
President AKTA

http://www.brantonknives.com

I folded over a towel and had my wife sew up small sections just like the commercially available SackUps. Then I sprayed the old towels with silicone spray. They work like a charm and the only cost was the silicone spray. You can make the sewn sections as wide and long as necessary to accomodate all different sizes of knives.

------------------
Dale Richmond
AKTI Number A000949

Thanks for the good ideas fellas. Dale, I'm afraid my chances of getting my wife anywhere near are sewing machine are next to nil. In fact I can't remember even seeing one in the house
smile.gif

The larger Spyderpac is too large for my use (guess I'll just have to buy more knives) but I'll check up on the smaller ones.

------------------
Clay

Back