Photos Im a dumby

Unless you uploaded the wrong picture, i believe that double bit would be a felling axe not a broad axe or " bucking axe ".
It could be the angle of the pictures, but it looks a bit inconsistent and possibly hand forged or forge repaired by a blacksmith.

Other pictures are needed, of the top of the eye...etc

Unless you uploaded the wrong picture, i believe that double bit would be a felling axe not a broad axe or " bucking axe ".
It could be the angle of the pictures, but it looks a bit inconsistent and possibly hand forged or forge repaired by a blacksmith.

I'll take more photos when I get the chance, but previously I believed that in the pacific northwest the double bit axe was considered a broad or bucking axe that were used for felling in the pacific northwest; would be considered broad axes compared to traditional double bit axes outside the PNW.
While most of today's axes that are considered broad axes are hewing axes.

I'll take more photos when I get the chance, but previously I believed that in the pacific northwest the double bit axe was considered a broad or bucking axe that were used for felling in the pacific northwest; would be considered broad axes compared to traditional double bit axes outside the PNW.
While most of today's axes that are considered broad axes are hewing axes.
This was by no means argumentative, this was just some things I was told growing up here in oregon

Another addition of information is that the handle currently mated to the head of the axe. (That I installed for temporary use) I needed to glue in dowel that I whittled so it would fill the eye properly. The handle I purchased at the local logging tool supplier in cottage grove and purchased the handle with the widest haft to fill the eye.

Back